Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 STS-V. Black / Tango
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend I was pulling out of a car wash (the hand-spray kind) and my engine just puked. It acted like it was running out of gas or something, and for about 30 yards I could barely keep it running. I was able to limp it off the road, and suddenly it came back to life and everything was fine.

What the heck?

My first thought was that something electrical must have gotten wet in the car wash, but it wasn't like I was spraying down the engine compartment, or shooting water up into the grill.

Anyone else ever experienced this? Its a 2008 with about 12k miles.

·
Registered
2008 STS-V. Black / Tango
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Traction control will do that, sometimes.

I did get on it right as I was pulling out of the car wash parking lot. Right after the tires broke loose was when it happened. Which would SEEM like TC. I had the TC off, but I suppose it could still have kicked in some with the wheelspin from the wet tires.

But - would it really take a good 20 yards and probably 10 seconds for it to recover and give me control back of the car?

·
Registered
Formerly 06 STS-V, now 13 XTS
536 Posts
Yup. Same here. Happened to me turning right on red a few weeks ago when the back wheel slipped into a small pothole. The car felt like it wouldn't get out of it's own way. Very disconcerting and in my opinion dangerous. I hate when that happens.

The only way I have found to get out of it is to just let up completely on the gas and then try to accelerate again. If you keep trying to push it, the car seems to keep fighting you when it gets in that mode.

Kind of like a woman with PMS.... you may not know when exactly it will happen or what caused her to get in that mood, but she's angry, won't do anything fast, bucks and complains, is unpredictable and will fight any forward progress you might want to make . It's best to just back off.

·
Registered
Cadillac STS-V
317 Posts
Yes, the traction control is rather invasive . . and litterally kills all power . . . feels like you are stuck standing still . . . very disconserting if you don't know what just happened . . . or has occurred pulling out into traffic . . .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts