Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI i was wondering
seems like every other Seville i see either has the Molding at the bottom of the door Missing or is loose and hanging out on the side is this normal this is whats happening with mine on Both Front doors
So wondering if this is a problem or was it a defect that is a common problem on these cars

·
Registered
2000 Polo Green Metallic Cadillac STS 60K
787 Posts
From what ive heard the factory fasteners are easily broken. The replacement fasteners are supposed to be alot more durable.

·
Registered
Cadillac 99 STS
40 Posts
Mine was missin on the Front door, called alot of wrecking yards and anytime i seen one being parted out and pretty much if they had um, they had sold um (molding). I finally got one (almost as much as a new one from GM, they are actually not that bad priced). As for the clips, the NAPA stores around here have them. I bought mine at GM before I knew NAPA had them. Make sure all of them engage when you snap it back on. I thought i had mine but I pulled on it a bit and some of the middle ones didnt engage. A rubber hammer (I wrapped mine in a bath towel, not a recomendation, just what i did) and they will snap in. I'm sure you can do it by hand too.

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok cool thanks dont need the molding just the clips
so i can go pick them up from NAPA is there a part number or will they know exactly what im looking for
i was also thinking about some 2 minute Poxy and holding untill it stays LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts