Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 Seville. I keep getting moisture in the tail lights. A friend told me to take the light out and use a hair dryer on it to get the moisture out. I did that, but the water keeps coming back. Does anyone have any suggestions?

It is a minor problem, but I cant go around town with a less than perfect caddi.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
The best thing to do is get a tiny drill bit and drill a tiny hole in the bottom of the light.... Its a common problem on the sevilles, and it allows the water and moisture to drain.....

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
Another suggestion is to completely separate the tail light halves. I.E. the lens portion and the black portion that actually has the bulbs in it, and then reseal these two pieces with RTV or some other sort of sealant that wont damage the plastic. This way you wont even have to deal with the foggy stuff either.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ihad same problem on my 94. Come to find out that the sunroof had a leak arround the seal and as you know it drains into the trunk thru a drain hose creating high humidity in the trunk.Fix the sunroof and that fixed my moisture in the tail light. Every time I washed the car the next day there it was.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have a 99 Seville which experienced the tail light moisture problem in 2001. Heard that this was a typical problem with Caddies (all models), saw this condition driving around (pretty bad parts vendor!) as I always check body to door, trunk fits etc. on luxury cars)). Caddie provided a replacement lense at no cost (I installed). Car was under warranty. Thought I was going to have a problem but they were gracious.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Since mine is 10 years old, dealer wont replace the lenses.. I dont want to spend a bunch of money on new lenses...
The idea about seperating the lenses into 2 parts may work, but I am worried about breaking the lens or not getting the seal just right to keep the moisture out.
I am going to drill a hole in the bottom to see if that corrects it.:bouncy:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
T Rex