Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 SRX V8 AWD
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting water into my headlamp. Housing,I added a sealant around the lens but still getting some water, looking for some suggestions to stop this. Is taking the headlamps the only cure, hope not. If anyone has some suggestions or remedies it would be greatly appreciate it

·
Registered
EU - SRX 2004 N* (with autogaz system) AWD, 7seat, trailer hitch westfalia.
358 Posts
Xenon or halogène ?
I have xenon and the seal for ballast is bad, need to change.
Halogène have the same hatch (and maybe seal).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,
We just purchased a 2005 SRX and ours is pretty bad as well. I watched a you tube video and the guy mentioned that all GM vehicles in the 2000's have that issue. He said apparently whatever adhesive they used deteriorates over a period of time and allows moisture to come in. He took his headlight assemblies out and added i believe it was RTV adhesive if i remember that right?? around the seems. he let it dry in his home for a couple days and had no further issues. He even did a follow up video i believe a year or two later and it still looked brand new. I plan to try this when i have time to take the bumper off and can be down with the car for a day or two.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Getting water into my headlamp. Housing,I added a sealant around the lens but still getting some water, looking for some suggestions to stop this. Is taking the headlamps the only cure, hope not. If anyone has some suggestions or remedies it would be greatly appreciate it
I put silicone across top of headlight case solved problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts