Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Escalade AWD Premium, 2011 CTS4 Premium Coupe
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, so over the past few months I have been in the process of changing the look of my truck. I got tired of it looking like every other Escalade on the road so decided to change things up in time for spring/summer. It was pretty much bone stock up until recently with the exception of front window tint. Some of the things I did include:

- replaced all the interior illumination w/LED's (front map lights, vanity mirror lights, rear dome lights, cargo area lights and the door lights)
- replaced all exterior illumination w/LED's (DRL's, fog lamps, parking lights, turn signals, puddle lights in side mirrors, license plate bulbs and reverse bulbs)
- installed OEM exhaust tip
- replaced the chrome door handles w/white diamond tri-coat take offs
- plasti-dipped every other chrome piece (hood trim, side mirrors, fender vents, upper window trim, lower door molding, side & rear badges, trim on the running boards, rear trunk appliqué, roof rack and the lower rear bumper trim)
- plasti-dipped my factory chrome wheels (was going to get new ones, but this was an easy way to save $1500 +/-)
- installed a new black mesh grille and applied the script "cadillac" emblem
- had my local tint shop black out the amber reflectors in the headlamps
- installed red aluminum brake caliper covers all around (laser etched w/"cadillac)...some may find this undesirable but I've gotten numerous compliments, thus far so to each his own

Without further adieu, here's a link to some pics of the finished product. You'll also see some pics I uploaded when I first bought the truck; should provide a nice before and after effect. Also, I tried uploading some pics and some worked and others didn't and I don't know how to delete them lol. Enjoy, thanks!

http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/wangstarr03/library/

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 EXT Premium & 2006 STS4
212 Posts
Looking at all the pics in your library, you obviously put a lot of thought, time, and effort into your project! I really like the white/black theme, and attention to detail!!!
The LED interior lighting is very nice, and I think it should be offered as an option when ordering a new Lade!! Even the caliper covers add a nice touch of contrast to the over-all look. Stock unpainted/coated calipers behind open rims has always been a pet peeve of mine. (if they are in the wide open, they should look as good as the rest of the vehicle)
Great job on turning your baby into the ride you wanted it to be!! You accomplished what you set out to do......it does not look like all the other Escalades out there!!!! It doesn't matter if I would do that to mine....it only matters that it's what you want it to look like....and it will certainly turn heads!!
Thanks for sharing the details, and all the pics (I love before and after pics)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, for all the feedback thus far everyone! That's the thing with mods, not everything will be everyone's cup of tea so I truly appreciate all the honest feedback. Great thing about the plasti-dip is I can take it off/change things up on an ongoing basis. Keep it coming, thanks again!

·
Registered
Cadillac Escalade 2008 and Cadillac SRX 2011
24 Posts
Great pics and good looking upgrades/MODs. Keep up the good work & post some more pics as soon as you do anything else brother! DB

·
Registered
36 Posts
Is there a way you can post all the bulbs you used for the leds and where they went? I have a 13 ext and want to get rid of all these dim lights!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks good! Been thinking about dipping some trim on mine. I like it!
Thanks! I was originally wanting to dip the lower chrome door moldings to try and match the WDT (white base dip + their pearlizer) but I just couldn't get it to match even remotely close so I decided to go with black. Maybe one of these days I will take some time and try different mixtures to match as close as possible the factory paint.

----------

Is there a way you can post all the bulbs you used for the leds and where they went? I have a 13 ext and want to get rid of all these dim lights!
Are you referring to interior or exterior bulbs? Or both?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This has been covered extensively, but since I just did these mods the part numbers are still fresh in my mind (lucky you!)

Interior:
map/dome/cargo area bulbs: festoon (x8)
front door: 194 (x2)
vanity mirrors: not sure what the part number is, but just search "vanity LED bulb" (x4)

Exterior:
license plate/parking/puddle lights under mirror: 194 (x6)
DRL: 5201/5202 (x2)
fog: 9005 (x2)
reverse: 7440 (x2)
turn signal: 3157 (x2 + resistors)

I think that's all of them, hope this helps.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade Premium
172 Posts
Is the plastidip textured or smooth? I bought a can tonight. I'm hoping by blacking out some of the trim it will hold me over until I can find a 2012+ Premium :)

Man honestly I think that grille would look pretty raw with the Cadillac emblem centered on it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is the plastidip textured or smooth? I bought a can tonight. I'm hoping by blacking out some of the trim it will hold me over until I can find a 2012+ Premium :)

Man honestly I think that grille would look pretty raw with the Cadillac emblem centered on it.
It's "supposed" to be smooth...but it all depends how evenly you apply it and some other variables. For the most part, most of mine is smooth; plasti dip does a pretty good job of drying pretty evenly.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts