Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All. I'm considering putting a cat-back exhaust on my recently purchased '05 V, but I'm not sure how the various offerings sound. Magnaflow seems like the most readily available option, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'll like it or that it's the best.

Are there any V owners in the Philadelphia or southern NJ that might be willing to let me take a listen to their modded car? Cars with nothing but cat-backs would be ideal, but I'll sample whatever's available. To date, I've only seen one other V on the road, and, if the middle-aged woman driving it was any indication, it was bone stock.

Thanks.

//Edward

·
Registered
1,661 Posts

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
You're 8 months too late. I had an 06V with just a Corsa on it, I'm from the northwest burbs of Philly but traded it in on my STS-V. There are a few other V owners in the area, but I don't think anyone is heavily modded. You probably will find a cat back I would assume in the area, just wait to see if you get any nibbles here.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in Warminster, 1/2 hour north of philly.

I have an 05 V with Magnaflow. Its loud :D
Small world. I live in Abington, no more than 15 minutes away, and I'm often in the Hatboro/Warminster area.

I'd love to hear what the Magnaflow sounds like in person, as I definitely prefer it based on the sound clips that I've found online. That said, how is it on the highway? Does it drone too much for comfort, either yours or that of your passenger?

Thanks,

//Edward

·
Registered
177 Posts
King of Prussia here guys, well I should say thats were the damn car is....Im in Iraq till October. I will be installing all my goods when I get home along with the new Specter cam, should be fun. I would like to meet up with some of you guys for a track day at Pocono.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts