Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
2 Posts
The new Mercedes C Class sold in Germany in Diesel form is a new modern classic. It gets back to 80's MB build quality and sense of purpose for the first time since that era.

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,082 Posts
failed to catch on? on you kidding? i never failed to catch on.... fire that is.. muahahaha.. sorry. i loved the 88 gt, but the mr4's yeah total junk. A+ for effort though on gm's behalf. would love to see another attempt at this.

I meant that the fiero prototype never caught on as a mid engined corvette.

I too would have loved to see what a second gen Fiero could have been. 'Tis a shame.

-Chris

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts
^ Really? I'd put it on par with the classic 190E from the 1980's. It has a big, solid, substantial feel about it that was severely lacking in the past gen C-class. The styling is unique and it defiently has a certain macho swagger about it. It no longer looks like a dowdy 4/5 size S-class like the past two generations. You can really see its the spiritual sucessor to the old 190E. Hell, I wish Mercedes had revived that moniker for this car.

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts
Speaking of modern classics, here's another one of my favorites. The R107. Hell I guess it could be called a classic now days since the design is 35 years old. I'll go out on a limb and say the SL is the only car to sucessfully combine two seats, a rag top, and luxury without a single bit of sporty inclination.

GM and Lexus tried with the Allante, Reatta, and much newer SC430, but nobody has come close to the SL in my book. Aston Martin has tried to chase the same client, but IMO their convertibles look like crap compared to the sexy coupes they are based on.

·
Super Moderator
2002 Seville STS F55, 2006 Mazda Miata
22,410 Posts
GM and Lexus tried with the Allante, Reatta, and much newer SC430, but nobody has come close to the SL in my book. Aston Martin has tried to chase the same client, but IMO their convertibles look like crap compared to the sexy coupes they are based on.

I'd get one and order a vanity plate that said "STVJOBS"

Truly a world-class car, then and now.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts