Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
CTS V-SPORT
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you move from TOURING to the 3 others, SPORT - TRACK - SNOW&ICE, what actually changes on the engine, transmission, suspension, or any other parts of the car on a 2014 V-Sport Premium Model?

If you know of any of these differences or a link that explains them, please share these differences with us.

·
Registered
2020 CT6-V, 2014 CTS V-Sport Premium /04 SLS / 06 STS-V LC3/14 Chevy SS/ 08 Dodge Magnum RT
110 Posts
When you move from TOURING to the 3 others, SPORT - TRACK - SNOW&ICE, what actually changes on the engine, transmission, suspension, or any other parts of the car on a 2014 V-Sport Premium Model?

If you know of any of these differences or a link that explains them, please share these differences with us.
I found this (attached) in a 2016 CTS owners manual. Kind of strange the chart was left out of the 2014 manual
hope this helps.
IMG_7247.JPG
IMG_7248.JPG
IMG_7248.JPG

·
Registered
CTS V-SPORT
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply and info. This gives me/us a good general idea of each mode. Was very helpful!

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS VSport Premium
103 Posts
If you want to access Competitive Driving Mode, you have to be stopped (you can do this while the car is moving but it's not a good idea).
1. Be In Sport or Track Mode
2. Press the Traction Control Button to turn it off.
3. Wait until the notification that you've got it turned off comes off your screen.
4. Press the Traction Control Button again, very firmly and deliberately, TWICE. (double tapping like you're playing a video game doesn't always register)
5. You should see "Competitive Driving Mode Enabled" on your cluster and see a Christmas tree's worth of lights for assistance systems that are now disabled.
I usually have to try a couple of times to get it to work but only do this to show off a hidden feature in the car. I have never dared to actually drive the car in this mode as the back end can already get a bit squirrelly on a nice, warm, dry day.

Be warned that everything is now off and the car assumes that you know what you're doing and will not intervene no matter what you do.
I'm sure that many sad stories begin with, "So I put the car in competition mode and..."

·
Registered
CTS V-SPORT
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems a good idea that is a HIDDEN mode really not to be used. I will try it however just to get its feel with no traffic around. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts