Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a B0429 code which I am told that means the mode acutator has to be replaced. I am thinking of doing this myself. I haven't worked much on cars in the last few years, but I am going to have no choice to start doing more maintenance myself.
I have the service manuals, and I know that I have to get behind the instrument panel to get to the acutator. Is replacing a mode actuator is something a person with moderate mechanical skills could do?

·
Super Moderator
86,076 Posts
You don't mention the year and model or what symptoms you are having, but if you are talking about the acuators I think you are, they are behind the glovebox. You should be able to access one from beneath and one through the opening where the glovebox is once the glovebox is removed. Not that hard of a job.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oops, My Bad!! It is a 2000 DeVille DHS. Does that change your opinion of the difficulty of the job?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nope the mode door actuator the book says you have to pull the dash out to replace it.....Of course us techs have found a way around that....but it is still complicated for the shadetree...b/c the mode door actuator comes with the actuator bracket and the mode cam that moves the doors....and all that has to be replaced as a unit....and if you don't know how to get the doors back in the cam...you will be pissed. and the actuator is on the drivers side above the driver tmp actuator.... the one behinde the glove box is for the rear a/c temp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
8YrCaddy-Tech