Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just smoked by sl 55...

i approached him on ventura blvd in woodland hills (ca) and we went from the light...

well, he couldn't get traction and i missed my shift to second :duh:, so we decided to go from a 20 mph roll...we were even until he pulled as i hit 3rd and then he never looked back - easily put 2 car lengths on me by the time i was at the end of 4th.

at the next light he told me, 'don't worry, i'm not stock'...i asked what he'd done...he told me that he changed the pulley's, headers, gone catless, and had an ecu upgrade (called it something-something stage 4, and when i was clueless what that meant, he spelled it all out for me)...and his wheels/suspension had been upgraded (from what i saw).

needless to say, i was relieved that a stock sl55 didn't just smoke me that badly as in the past i've run even with em (if not been a bit ahead). the guy proceeded to compliment my v and told me with a little work (all i have is magnaflow catback) i'd be fearsome.

not the best way to end a night, but hey, what can ya do...his car was sick.:worship:

Reactions: CVP33

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
1,567 Posts
good loss! that is one hell of a car> remember he paid more then 2x you did for you car and that is even before the his mods. Damn a ecu upgrade on that car must be 1500 beans. Great job!

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
Even if it were stock I don't think you'd have anything to be ashamed of. 4.4 second 0-60mph and 500+hp on tap is nothing to take lightly.

Configuration:
Front Engine/RWD

Engine:
Supercharged V8

Displacement:
5439 cc

Horsepower:
517 bhp @ ---- rpm

Torque:
531 lb-ft @ ---- rpm

Max RPM:
7000 rpm

Transmission:
5-Speed Automatic

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got any videos of running "even" with them??
nope sorry, i dont roll around the streets looking for races...

i've only played around with a couple of them on the fwy and i wasn't rocked like the other night...perhaps the guy i was slightly ahead of was a fake 55, perhaps a 500 w/ badges and mods...who knows...and for running even, could be the same case, but i doubt that i ran into more than 1 fakie.

hell i dont even know the years of the ones i was with, more than likely the older ones with less power...plus they weigh like 400lbs more...although that shouldn't make up for the difference in power. sorry, can't say that i have many answers. but dont worry, next time i'll keep a camera at the ready or atleast a notebook for details just for you! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Charger SRT-8
118 Posts
The guy you ran definitely was a pullied SL55. You would win against a SL550. The data I could find on the SL55 was a 13.0 @ 110mph - close enough for drivers race, especially with the gearing in the 5spd auto on the MB.

I haven't ran one yet, and you claim you don't roll around looking for races. Yeah, right. :bigroll:

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The guy you ran definitely was a pullied SL55. You would win against a SL550. The data I could find on the SL55 was a 13.0 @ 110mph - close enough for drivers race, especially with the gearing in the 5spd auto on the MB.

I haven't ran one yet, and you claim you don't roll around looking for races. Yeah, right. :bigroll:
i don't specifically go around lookin for them - that's why no camera or really specific details...but if a potential 'race' comes along i wont always look the other way.

it's hard out here man...i live in a very wealthy area (calabasas, ca) and there are RIDICULOUS cars everywhere...cars like that sl55 are faaaar more than just common. hell, i haven't even had my car a month yet (well, i have put about 2300 mi on it though already :))and i've already come across 3 that wanted to mess around...my point is that where i live there are always cars capable of running with the big boys so racing out here (and throughout the san fernando valley out to LA) is all too common.

thanks for looking up the info you found, he very well could've been pullied along with the stuff he mentioned, although he never mentioned his blower. but shit, he was one fast s.o.b.

·
Registered
135 Posts
just smoked by sl 55...

i approached him on ventura blvd in woodland hills (ca) and we went from the light...

well, he couldn't get traction and i missed my shift to second :duh:, so we decided to go from a 20 mph roll...we were even until he pulled as i hit 3rd and then he never looked back - easily put 2 car lengths on me by the time i was at the end of 4th.

at the next light he told me, 'don't worry, i'm not stock'...i asked what he'd done...he told me that he changed the pulley's, headers, gone catless, and had an ecu upgrade (called it something-something stage 4, and when i was clueless what that meant, he spelled it all out for me)...and his wheels/suspension had been upgraded (from what i saw).

needless to say, i was relieved that a stock sl55 didn't just smoke me that badly as in the past i've run even with em (if not been a bit ahead). the guy proceeded to compliment my v and told me with a little work (all i have is magnaflow catback) i'd be fearsome.

not the best way to end a night, but hey, what can ya do...his car was sick.:worship:
Nothing to be ashamed of is right.... SL55 is fast stock... With a pulley and chip are high 11 second cars in the 120s when driven right on their stock tires. Some put sticky and go even faster, but no car is a dragster short of a dragster, so kind of foolish. Where they shine is about 110MPH+. Its hard to beat one in that realm and they will also go right at 200MPH with chip upgrade and pulley! Some say faster, I have only seen 196 by a GPS.

·
Registered
Charger SRT-8
118 Posts
thanks for looking up the info you found, he very well could've been pullied along with the stuff he mentioned, although he never mentioned his blower. but shit, he was one fast s.o.b.
The blower is standard on all SL55s. Swapping the pulley(s) increases boost. The best and most common upgrade on Terminator Cobras, etc.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The blower is standard on all SL55s. Swapping the pulley(s) increases boost. The best and most common upgrade on Terminator Cobras, etc.
i understand that, you misunderstood what i wrote...

i was saying that when he told me everything he had modified, he didn't mention his supercharger - that is not to mean that he didn't say that it had a blower, cuz of course it did, what i meant is that he didn't say anything about the blower that we know he has - as in, he didn't say he'd modified it, ie. changed the pulley. he only talked about what i said he talked about in original post...but who knows, it could've just slipped his mind and could very well have changed the s/c pulley.

hope that's clearer, sorry for any confusion. :highfive:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts