Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
05 CTS V
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot wait because tomorrow morning modding begins. I had already posted pics and sound of the AERO Turbine muffs and H pipe, but tomorrow the moment of truth.
-JetHot coated Kooks w/ Corsa HI FLOW cats (new soundbites to follow)
-NEW UltraMounts motor mounts
-NGK TR55 (hope these are the sparkies I've been reading previous threads about)
-Specter Werks cradle bushings
-BMR Pinion Support

mounted CTSV154's GM accessories last weekend. Just need H&R's and my first wave of mods will be complete. V up if the NGK are not the ones, I can always return them before I install them.

:bouncy:

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
Those NGKs are the right ones for your application. They are the stock heat range.

·
Registered
05 CTS V
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks!! so no need to worry that they do not have ix or iridium or platinum???? seems like a downgrade on plugs. I had purchased the Bosch +4's earlier and talked myself out of those and exchanged for the NGK TR55 and got half my money back. Not saying they are inferior plugs, but the spark plug threads are all over the place and confused the crap out of me.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
Hope your ready for some diff noise. With just the specter bushings, I started getting some whine (still have the pinion support gathering dust somewhere). Most of it went away after I changed the diff fluid though. The bushings make the car feel much better. One of the best mods I've done.

Tony

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,085 Posts
You're going to love the sound of the Kooks and Corsa. Tame from inside the car at cruise and killer loud from behind at WOT/high RPM. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
188 Posts
I cannot wait because tomorrow morning modding begins. I had already posted pics and sound of the AERO Turbine muffs and H pipe, but tomorrow the moment of truth.
-NGK TR55 (hope these are the sparkies I've been reading previous threads about)
-BMR Pinion Support

Does Corsa even make hi-flow cats? I think you meant you got the Kooks hi-flow cats to Corsa cat-back connection...which from your sig you don't have. Doesn't matter any way cuz even if you got the hi-flow cats to factory cat-back connection you'd still have to do some cutting and welding. Speaking of which, will you be doing the cuts/welding your self? or local muffler shop?

Lil tip for installing the headers if you didn't buy the ARP stud kit. Take one of the header bolts down to your local auto store and look for a basic stud kit. I found a water pump stud kit that matched the header bolts perfectly, then used it to hang the headers while I started the bolts, then returned it for my $5 back. If you're DIY, stud kit is a MUST.

Also, if you've got the UUC rear diff bushing I don't think you'll need the BMR pinion support brace.

Good luck man. Mod hell's a b*tch, but you'll soon be in Mod heaven. :cloud9:

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
-BMR Pinion Support

mounted CTSV154's GM accessories last weekend. Just need H&R's and my first wave of mods will be complete. V up if the NGK are not the ones, I can always return them before I install them.

:bouncy:
Why not go with an X pipe?

Plus i woud say you will be with out your car for at least one day. I did headers, a catback, and the BMR parts and that took a full day...I also tossed in an earth kit for better ignition and idle...

·
Registered
05 CTS V
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have an H pipe - see pic

Kooks HI FLO cats (or whoever makes em), you are correct. need to change that in the signture because, no way do want to remove AERO Turbine muffs

I would have to say today was a breeze.....I did not even have to turn a wrench. I love working on my own car, but I could not pass this up. When I went to pick up the headers the owner of the shop asked if he could install, so I asked if he would also install all my goodies and what would my labor be??? When he said 300.00, I said HELL YA!! Confirmed....you will install headers, sparkies, cat back (weld & fit), specter werks cradle bushings, BMR pinion support AND motor mounts. I pick the car up in the morning, ready to go. STAGEUP is updating the tune Thursday night.

Differential whine??? between the exhaust and the radio, you got to be kidding me.

·
Registered
05 CTS V
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and by the way...I forgot to mention. I paid 1100.00 for the JETHOT coated Kooks 1 7/8 w/ the HI FLOW cat, O2 extensions. Never installed and still in the bubble wrap. Is that a deal or what??

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V
236 Posts
and by the way...I forgot to mention. I paid 1100.00 for the JETHOT coated Kooks 1 7/8 w/ the HI FLOW cat, O2 extensions. Never installed and still in the bubble wrap. Is that a deal or what??
nice... from where?

·
Registered
05 CTS V
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
got lucky....they were on ebay for 1300 and they were local. I sent a PM and said if they did not sell, I would pick up for 1100 and they agreed. I had to wait 6 more days for the auction to end and then I got the email to come on down.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
188 Posts
$300.00 to install ALL those goodies!?!? That's an AWESOME deal.

You may want to print out the quick and dirty torque specs off the FAQ and give it to the shop (if they don't already have) just for added piece of mind.

Can't wait to hear the Aeroturb Muffs after the headers go in. I'm pretty sure you're gonna have a "one of a kind" exhaust...you have to post a vid for us!

·
Registered
05 CTS V
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
YES!!!! HOLY CRAP. I will have the video of the exhaust up this weekend. This thing sounds like a racecar at WOT, period. It definitely has a distinct tone and not too bad inside. I even purchased resonators, just in case, but decided against using them.

STAGEUP retuned the car tonight and it is pulling hard. Even with the A/C on and traction control on (forgot, too giddy), traction control engaged @ the 2-3 shift during test & tune run. LOVE IT!!

MOTOR MOUNTS - ultra mounts new mounts are AWESOME. First ones in our car, i think. Guys, you will not go wrong with these. The car has never felt smoother than it does now. Vibration is not noticed. Upon shutoff, the car actually turns off. I will take measurements from strut bar to top of intake this weekend. I will be going to the drag strip very soon to make a few passes on them.

Specter Werks bushings - they do the trick. rear is locked in. VERY HAPPY with this purchase.

BMR Pinion support - comes off this weekend. NOBODY could have told me the whine was bad I would believe them. BELIEVE them. I can hear it over the FN headers and radio. Got to go. Probably do not even need it with the SW bushings, anyways. Will be posting that on Ebay or through our classifieds.

need money to go toward a bigger cam, lol.

·
Registered
05 CTS V
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
^^^ Mod disease ... you know it when you see it.
NA, always had it. Just doing on a car I really enjoy driving. I have had previous nice rides: 65 Chevy P/U w/ 327, Street Ram 2x650, 292cam,3000stall, 4:11 posi, lowered w/ welds and that was high school. that is where it strarted. also, stealth RT/TT w/ $3000 in engine upgrades, sick boost. a Dodge RT 5.9 Dakota, long tubes, HOTCHKIS and world class stereo. 89 mustang convertable. 6point roll cage, 150 NOS, MEGA BITE Jr., subframes, MAC LT, weld drag lites. many, many more. Wish I had just once of them now in the stable with the V.

MOD HELL UPDATE.....it is always something, isn't it??? while test and tuning yesterday, somewhere WOT 1,2, 3rd....ran over something and destroyed it, but never saw it in front of me and thought what the fck was that??? STAGEUP looked at me, car was still cooking. not the tires, not the motor. get up this morning to just once over the car, and LOL...the right, front inner fender well plastic all is missing. sucked out, and destroyed. whew, at least it was just that and don't have to keep worrying.

It may take some time and alot of cash to get this car setup, but I believe it is well worth it. Trying to do it without credit cards this time!!!

VWD

1 - 17 of 17 Posts