Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rockauto has a close out on Mobil1 filters. Northstar only sorry 3.6 guys.

http://www.rockauto.com/RSS/vehiclefeeds.php?carcode=1433655&m=wc&l=en&html=true

Link for close out for 07 STS 4.6

They are not private label either so they are legit Mobil 1s in the box.

I got 12 (works for the 05 STS 07 STS and 03 Seville in the family) and some WIX close out filters for my Camaro.

Good hunting guys!

·
Registered
08 STS-4 N* 1SG, 08 DTS Luxury II, 04 Bonneville GXP N*
3,210 Posts
J/K!!!

Actually $3 is a pretty good deal. Just under $4 if you live in Canada.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Looking on Amazon.ca the best I can get is free shipping and $32.41 (tax in) for a 2-Pack or $16.20 each. With the RockAuto promo I got six at a cost of $42.83 including tax and shipping which works out to $7.14 each.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,470 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,963 Posts
I prefer the filters that use a roll of toilet paper as the filter media although I haven't seen them on the market for some time.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Wrong - O !!!
I guess you missed the J/K in the next post LOL. I always love saying that because inevitably someone's head will explode. I thought I was going to catch BadCad but he didn't bite.

Traditionally I've always used K&N oil filters.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,470 Posts
K & N is still a rebranded Champion filter, one of at least (now) half-dozen different brand names made by the same company. Nothing wrong with them - simply overhyped and overpriced.

EDIT: If K & N still puts window stickers in the box with their various overpriced filter products (air and oil), when installed on the driver's side rear quarter window one sticker is good for 2.35 hp at idle; multiple stickers, not so much. :sneaky:

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Well, the important thing here is that it's not a Fram :) For the two times per year I end up changing the oil, a few bucks here or there isn't a big deal.

I've never used a K&N air filter for a few reasons but in the years I've used their oil filters I've never got a sticker in the box. I guess I'll have to live with 2.35HP less at idle :( I do feel a little cheated now and may have to write them and ask for one ;)

·
Registered
561 Posts
Rockauto has a close out on Mobil1 filters. Northstar only sorry 3.6 guys.

http://www.rockauto.com/RSS/vehiclefeeds.php?carcode=1433655&m=wc&l=en&html=true

Link for close out for 07 STS 4.6

They are not private label either so they are legit Mobil 1s in the box.

I got 12 (works for the 05 STS 07 STS and 03 Seville in the family) and some WIX close out filters for my Camaro.

Good hunting guys!
Thanks for the hot tip! I grabbed 4 of 'em for $19.30 delivered. Hopefully I won't need all of them because I'm headed for a Buick... er, uh, Cadillac XTS4 Vsport Platinum. I'm debating if I should hang on to my STS or not.

·
Registered
2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE
8,178 Posts
I'm still using-up a stock of Napa Gold I got when they had a '2 4 1 Sale' a couple years ago. They only had 6 on hand...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts