Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 13 year old was playing with my stereo a while back. He turned on or selected the AVC button to "on" and I had much more bass. I leave it on all the time now. Anyone else every tried this? My Bose is perfect now. With it off, it is lacking. Try it and let me know what you think if you like bass.

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
One of the first things I did when I picked the car up was disable the AVC, so I've never used it. However I'll give it a try and see. I personally notice more bass when the DSP is set to drvr seat.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Before my son did this, I always left mine off also because I never liked the volume adjusting on it's own. Mine add's only a little more bass when stopped. I like it now in this car.

·
Registered
former 2005 CTS-V owner
404 Posts
dqw1 said:
My 13 year old was playing with my stereo a while back. He turned on or selected the AVC button to "on" and I had much more bass. I leave it on all the time now. Anyone else every tried this? My Bose is perfect now. With it off, it is lacking. Try it and let me know what you think if you like bass.
I would like more bass too. Please send your child to my house.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I've had mine on for a while...the volume change was actually done quite well as it is very smooth, I doubt you'll notice it change until after the fact.

·
Registered
'04 CTSV
60 Posts
Mat347 said:
I've had mine on for a while...the volume change was actually done quite well as it is very smooth, I doubt you'll notice it change until after the fact.
I agree here. The transition with it on is much smoother than most American cars with this feature.

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
Auto volume compensate...just adapts the sound for the speed which youre driving, should have nothing to do with louder bass, other than volume (obviously) but treble is up as well.

F

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Florian, that was my experience in other car but this does not compensate for the volume when moving at all. I can't explain why mine doesn't increase volume, maybe it's defective but if it is I'm happy it is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts