Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I need your urgent consultation in this please.

I have Escalade 2010 6.2v around 80k miles.

2 days back I have pumped out around 2.4 quarts of OEM atf which I dont think the old owner ever changed because it was tooo black colored and replaced it with Amsoil Signature ATF, 2.3 qt out and 2.4 qt in through trans dipstick.

My plan is to change it step by step instead of fully drop the pan and do a sudden change with filter.

Some friends told me that what I did will definitely cause transmission failure and I have to immediately drop the pan and change filter with OEM atf before its too late

Now I am worried and idk what to do whether to continue with what I am planning to do or drop it.

Can you share your experiences please?

·
-Administrator- 2002.5 F55 STS 2014 FWD Explorer
66,638 Posts
Drive the car to a local shop or to your lift and change ALL the transmission fluid at the same time. Use whatever is recommended in the Service/Maintenance section of the owner's manual. Doing it in bits and pieces is an exercise in futility.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Drive the car to a local shop or to your lift and change ALL the transmission fluid at the same time. Use whatever is recommended in the Service/Maintenance section of the owner's manual. Doing it in bits and pieces is an exercise in futility.
Thank you for your advice.

I have went to local shop nearby and changed the atf and filter, used ACDelco Dextron VI as you said.

The truck is running normal after that change I dont know how long the test period should be to confirm that the transmission is ok and everything is going well.

Will update you after few days of driving.

Thank you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts