Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
'98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!
Joined
·
4,425 Posts
The EVO would be worth it.
 

·
Registered
94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)
Joined
·
3,730 Posts
As my Business Law professor says, "the large print giveth, and the fine print taketh away."

Actual amount will vary based on vehicle purchased or leased. Based on average fuel consumption of Mitsubishi Motors vehicles at an average cost of $2.95 per gallon for 12,000 miles per year. Actual consumption may vary based on specific vehicle, driving conditions and other factors. Gas offer may be in lieu of other available incentives and cannot be combined with other offers.

Brian
 

·
Registered
'98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!
Joined
·
4,425 Posts
90Brougham350 said:
As my Business Law professor says, "the large print giveth, and the fine print taketh away."

Actual amount will vary based on vehicle purchased or leased. Based on average fuel consumption of Mitsubishi Motors vehicles at an average cost of $2.95 per gallon for 12,000 miles per year. Actual consumption may vary based on specific vehicle, driving conditions and other factors. Gas offer may be in lieu of other available incentives and cannot be combined with other offers.

Brian
Owned! Yup, always read that fine print.

Business law? Sounds like you're having fun with that. I'm still working on my poli-sci degree, then I'll go to law school.
 

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
Joined
·
5,929 Posts
I always loved the Diamante. What a simplistic, yet elegant car. My neighbor has one. He has driven it from here (New Jersey) to California and back 3 times. It's a 1999 and has like 76,000 miles on it and he has NEVER ONCE had a problem with it. He has driven the OTHER neighbor to work when HIS BMW 5-series would not start!!

A long time ago I also loved the Mazda 929s.
 

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
Joined
·
11,694 Posts
Mitsubishi has got to be the most pointless foreign auto company in the United States right now. Think about it... A company with overall quality equal to or LESS than the Koreans, with a heritage from Japan, owned and run by a domestic who has been overtaken by a German.

Youve got like six different levels of shit piled on shit right there.

Its too bad because Mitsubishi Televisions (Mitsubishi's electronics division now furthers itself by calling itself MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC) are probably the best on the planet when it comes to CRT technology.

BTW... In case anyone cared, ive been spending alot of time over on AVSForum.com discussing my HT Setup over there now that I have some time to dedicate to it. Its pretty neat.
 

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
Joined
·
5,929 Posts
I always liked the Mazda 929, as well the Mitsu Diamante.


2004 Diamante


I think what I liked best was they were both 4-door hartops with no center "B" pillar.
 

·
Registered
CTS
Joined
·
558 Posts
Personally speaking, I wouldn't let the cost of gas be the deciding factor in my new car purchase (unless I wanted to buy a Hummer or something like that).

If I were in the market to buy a new car, I would buy something that I really liked.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,073 Posts
Sandy said:
I always liked the Mazda 929, as well the Mitsu Diamante.


2004 Diamante


I think what I liked best was they were both 4-door hartops with no center "B" pillar.
Both nice cars, i like that look too, i also like frameless doors, like on any Subaru etc. My friend has a SUbaru Forrester and for an SUV it looks very sleek
 

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
Joined
·
5,929 Posts
These guys on here don't like the Diamante, but I tell ya, I've seen 1st hand from my next-door neighbor's that has gone from New Jersey to California, clear across the USA 3 times, and has 76,000 miles on it how good they are.
He has replaced the battery once, done brakes twice, replaced one headlamp, replaced wipers twice, and needed a new switch for the power seat. THAT IS IT. She looks terrific, and never has stranded him. The guy on the other side of him has a BMW 5-Series and has had ALOT of problems with it. Mr. Diamante frequently has driven Mr BMW to work when the Bummer (his words) refuses to start !
IF that Diamante was a Lexus Diamante it would sold 100,000 a year!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,073 Posts
Sandy said:
These guys on here don't like the Diamante, but I tell ya, I've seen 1st hand from my next-door neighbor's that has gone from New Jersey to California, clear across the USA 3 times, and has 76,000 miles on it how good they are.
He has replaced the battery once, done brakes twice, replaced one headlamp, replaced wipers twice, and needed a new switch for the power seat. THAT IS IT. She looks terrific, and never has stranded him. The guy on the other side of him has a BMW 5-Series and has had ALOT of problems with it. Mr. Diamante frequently has driven Mr BMW to work when the Bummer (his words) refuses to start !
IF that Diamante was a Lexus Diamante it would sold 100,000 a year!
Its not only a great car, but its gorgeous to look at, its one of the best looking cars to ever come out of Japan! We never got it here though, i love the look of it, its really smooth and elegant

Something i have noticed is that America cares less for badges than we do here in Europe.... for example the Nissan Maxima and Toyota Camry sell massively in America, but barely sold 400 a year here before they dropped them altogether, so a big Mitsu wouldnt really be worth improting to the UK....or Europe
 

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
Joined
·
11,694 Posts
Well the Diamante (besides the Evo) was probably the LAST REAL Mitsu to come out of Japan. However, toward the end even it started to get watered down. In the heyday of Mitsubishi, the Montero and Diamante and 3000GT were respectable vehicles considered at near the top of their class. Within a period of 5 years theyve absolutely destroyed all of that.

I also liked the 929. I think the 929 was just a little ahead of its time for Mazda. It had some neat gadgets in it, like air vents that swayed back and forth (not the first car to have them though) and it was no less than the size of a Towncar, or at least seemed like it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,073 Posts
Yeah lets take a look at the line up now...

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.bg/images/upload/Colt_Front_1.jpg

^ the Colt: small, cheap, generally okay

http://www.japcar.ru/autowallpapers/mitsubishi/mitsubishi_carisma_800x600_1.jpg

^The Carisma: about 8 years off the pace

http://auto.consumerguide.com/images/autoreview/400x266/2005-Mitsubishi-Galant-04808021990001.JPG

^The Galant: Nice looking, but not available in the UK now

http://www.motorweb.no/artikler/tester/mitsubishi/2005_01_22_grandis/2005_01_22_grandis_02.jpg

^The Grandis: Long due replacement for the old on which stemmed from the early 90s

http://auto.consumerguide.com/images/autoreview/400x266/2005-Mitsubishi-Lancer-04808151990003.JPG

^ The Lancer: Bland

http://www.motorweb.no/artikler/tester/mitsubishi/2005_01_10_evo/2005_01_10_evo_02.jpg

^ Lancer EVO: IMO the only one worth having

I have missed some off because i cant remember all of their cars they are so forgettable
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top