Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I start from a stop I get this very low but noticable noise. It sounds like its coming from the front of the car, but I can't tell for sure. The sound happens when I release the clutch to meet the gas and the car moves forward. I don't hear it everytime, but often enough. Its similar to the noise one gets after they put the parking break on the car after it rains ad it binds to the break rotor. I dn't think its coming from that, but sounds similar. Anyone else have/had this, or know what I'm talking about?

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS-V
8,439 Posts
i had the same thing... just told my service advisor when i took her in for an oil change.

it has something to do with needing a fluid change...

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS-V
8,439 Posts
i had a grinding binding noise from the rear

told james when i took the car in, my service receipt said something about draining the rear, filling, driving, re-draining, re-driving and the noise disapeared

there was a TSB for this somewhere

·
Registered
2,190 Posts

told james when i took the car in, my service receipt said something about draining the rear, filling, driving, re-draining, re-driving and the noise disapeared

That's for binding on turns and parking lot manuevers- caused by the clutch packs binding.

If the noise is on clutch engagement in a straight line, it's the bushings.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts

This sounds like the TSB procedure having to do with the limited slip clutches in the differential. The symptom it addresses is "chattering" at the rear when taking slow turns.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts