Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
04 CTS 3.6 Black
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my mission is to make onstar work in my 01 DHS.

heres what I need to know.

does anyone have onstar wiring diagrams for my 01, and for a 03 or 04?

the 04's are upgradable, but my 01 isnt. my 01 aurora 3.5 though is upgradable. if I can manage to get a upgradable unit into my car, the folks at the local cadillac dealership will use the vin off the donor car to get me upgraded.

I know its not a cost effective idea to do this, but according to the wifey, either get onstar working, or a new car.

Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
04 CTS 3.6 Black
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no. she wants onstar. sad thing is, if I dont get this working, I have to trade in the cadillac for a cobalt.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,095 Posts
Lots and lots of threads and posts on this problem down in Cadillac Technical, Electrical and Audio/Security.

OnStar is an incredibly expensive way to have hands-free cell phone operation, so the BlueStar conversion makes a lot of sense.

If that won't fly, you're gonna be in the market for a Cobalt real soon.

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Um, yeah that ^^^ -- and carries a testicle lockbox...

Why not just get a used 03/04/05 Deville of some flavor that has upgradable or full digital, and not worry about the conversion? You should be able to find one cheaper than a P.O.S. Cobalt...

·
Registered
04 CTS 3.6 Black
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats what I have been doing today. I found a 02 DTS that was already converted. so we will see what happens.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,095 Posts
I had the "update conversion" done on my 02 STS and it all works better than the original setup. It's still a darn expensive cell phone............I need some more minutes.

You'll notice that the conversion antennae on the 02+ OnStar vehicles have the loading coil closer to the mounting base instead of up in the middle of the little whip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts