Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac deville 152,000.
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently acquired a 04 deville base model as hell no heated seats, lumbar, or bose. but with that said the radio was gone as well. in its place is 4 av cables and the following wires. black, red, yellow, gray, blue, orange. im putting in a double din stereo by caramouchie (i think that's the right spelling) im able to hook up some of the wires and get power to the unit and when i hook up the av cables that are there to the audio out on the stereo i get sound but it's never coming out all the speakers and i only have two audio outs one left and other right leaving two av cables not hooked up still. im just confused it also looks like i have some kind of adapter under my steering wheel that the 4 av cables are coming from says something about onstar on the bottom of it helps.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,886 Posts
Long sentence, difficult to decipher.

Let's move this from the VERY quiet Audio forum up to the correct Deville forum.

You need to get the correct harnesses and jumpers from Crutchfield. You have several wiring, serial data bus, and security system hoops to jump through.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry for long sentence. could i just wire all the door speakers into the new stereo and get a new amp for just the subwoofer in the rear. i think previous owner did some kind of bypass. there is a weird box under steering wheel behind dash cover.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im thinking just leave everything the way it is now for security reasons, and use the colored wires i mentioned in first post. i know how to get power to the stereo, it would be nice to get steering wheel options to work but by no means is a deal breaker. thanks for helping.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,153 Posts
read post #2 again. The main data bus goes through the original head unit. If the former owner did it correctly, you're okay. If he did not you might end up with a car that won't start. As posted, check Crutchfield for proper harness, and you'll probably get your steering wheel buttons back.

·
Registered
2000 Deville Base, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
1,104 Posts
I have a double din Kenwood in my 2000 Deville but it was installed while the car was all stock. Can't really comment on what you need to do (or can't do) as it sounds like your original wiring is all chopped up.This is what your car would look like immediately following removal of the oem radio. The oem harness is right there and really easy to connect to with the proper harness (PAC OS-2-GM32), for the steering wheel controls you would need the PAC-SWI-CP2 . But your car being all chewed up I can't go any farther.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the car was running when i got the stereo to come on and play through the avs it's just the stereo i bought didn't have 4 outs. that's why i was asking if i could just re wire the darn thing and leave his stuff alone that previous owner did.

·
2004 Deville
2004 Deville, Silver, Gone, but not forgotten, 1972 Eldorado, 1974 eldorado, 1975 CDV
700 Posts
If the car has 8 speakers, 1 in each door, 1 in the dash, 1 in the rear deck, and tweeters in the A pillars, it is an amplified system even if doesn't say Bose, just a different amp. It sounds like it has an older version of the GMOS-06 harness adaptor in it, the newer version has speaker wires on it not av cables.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes it has eight, but im going to say [email protected]@k the center speaker and run the pillar speakers with the front door speakers. it will make the ones in my front doors not as powerful as the rear speakers, but I'm going to put a 500 watt kicker sub with 300 to 400 watt amp in the rear and hook up through the av on my stereo. that should bypass all security measures.

·
Registered
1993 DeVille
174 Posts
www.Crutcfield.com should have free wiring diags. for you to get the colors and positions right. Even new wiring plugs etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts