Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
'08 STS-V Sedan Black Formerly three CTS-V's, XLR and STS4N*
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to use the tilt feature (points the mirror to the curb when in reverse) on the rear view mirrors on my '05 V and was looking to set it up for my new car. The manual says that "if the vehicle has this feature" it would show up on the DIC when setting the vehicle up. I thought these cars had all of the features offered on them. Am I missing something?

Mark

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V Clack 6psd (manual), Recaro, Loaded...
381 Posts
I used to use the tilt feature (points the mirror to the curb when in reverse) on the rear view mirrors on my '05 V and was looking to set it up for my new car. The manual says that "if the vehicle has this feature" it would show up on the DIC when setting the vehicle up. I thought these cars had all of the features offered on them. Am I missing something?

Mark
X2 :confused:

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is not available in the V. For more explanation, check out this thread.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...156198-park-tilt-mirror-option-does-your.html

Dammit! Another feature I actually use taken away from me in the name of cost savings.
Another thing that I miss is that I used to like to have the digital speed showing and also the G-meter. Now they both show on the same display. But I do have a nifty motorized pop up display for my nav. I'd rather they kept the old features and saved the money on the pop up.

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
I really miss the tilt down mirror feature.

·
Registered
2014 ELR Black/Auto
401 Posts
Aha! That is why the feature doesn't work in my V2... thanks for the info. I thought I hadn't set it up correctly...

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
I really miss the tilt down mirror feature.
:werd: I've adjusted, but as I said in the last thread about this, I'd love for someone to hack into the DIC routines and return this functionality. I really depended on this to avoid scratching the rear passenger wheel.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
The Park Tilt Mirrors is not the only feature that was removed from the 2009 CTS-V programming list. Most all of the missing features have been mentioned somewhere and at sometime in this thread. There are also a number of programming features that do not work as described in the owners manual. Among them are the door unlock options, and the return of the seat and steering wheel to the memory positions before you get in the car.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V & 2009 CTS
77 Posts
The door unlock options, the return of the seat and steering wheel to the memory positions before you get in the car --- all of these features work in my V2. However, like everyone else, the tilting feature of the rear view side mirrors does not work.

·
Registered
09 CTS-V
65 Posts
The Park Tilt Mirrors is not the only feature that was removed from the 2009 CTS-V programming list. Most all of the missing features have been mentioned somewhere and at sometime in this thread. There are also a number of programming features that do not work as described in the owners manual. Among them are the door unlock options, and the return of the seat and steering wheel to the memory positions before you get in the car.
Mine works good..no problem

·
Registered
238 Posts
Dammit! Another feature I actually use taken away from me in the name of cost savings.
Another thing that I miss is that I used to like to have the digital speed showing and also the G-meter. Now they both show on the same display. But I do have a nifty motorized pop up display for my nav. I'd rather they kept the old features and saved the money on the pop up.

Jeeezus... I like the Tilt Mirrors on my STS as well.. but seriously dude... U complain about some seriously crazy stuff. U got an M5 for a M3's Price... Let it ride.

I doubt that the Mirror Feature was about COST SAVINGS as I have it in my less expensive Tahoe LTZ. I think it was deleted due to some NITWIT out their becomeing confused when their Mirrors tilted down and they were unaware of how the feature was to be used. GM lawyers saw a possible lawsuit and killed the issue.

Sorta like the "AGREE" button on the NAV display. Some DUMBASS actually tried to sue manufactures because he was trying to use the NAVIGATION while driving, talking on the cell, and drinking a Starbucks Latte.:bigroll: Effin Yuppies.. I hate 'em... :mad:

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jeeezus... I like the Tilt Mirrors on my STS as well.. but seriously dude... U complain about some seriously crazy stuff. U got an M5 for a M3's Price... Let it ride.
Seriously, This was a feature on an older model and I'm sure it is on both the M3 and M5 as well as many other cars. Your mirrors should point to the curb when backing automatically. WE (those that spend $60k for a car) should not be penalized for whatever stupid reason it was that they took a feature that clearly was on a vehicle away after the design came out. I, for one will be pissed when I rub a $500 rim on a curb when parallel parking. I paid my money and have every right to voice complaints when I see something I don't like. In a day this thread will be off the front page and life will go on for us all.

·
Registered
Ordered CTS V - ordered 03/13 delivered 06/24!
405 Posts
I think the tires have rim protectors, anyway, just don't park too close. Problem solved.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Seriously, This was a feature on an older model and I'm sure it is on both the M3 and M5 as well as many other cars. Your mirrors should point to the curb when backing automatically. WE (those that spend $60k for a car) should not be penalized for whatever stupid reason it was that they took a feature that clearly was on a vehicle away after the design came out. I, for one will be pissed when I rub a $500 rim on a curb when parallel parking. I paid my money and have every right to voice complaints when I see something I don't like. In a day this thread will be off the front page and life will go on for us all.
While I think the feature would be nice to have again... since my STS had it... I simply don't see how it could be a deal breaker or deal maker in this car. In buying the V and not getting the Tilt mirror.. I got so much more. Even crazier is that when I realized that it wasn't there.. I simply said ... "Oh... it doesn't have the Tilt feature like my '05 STS or 07 Tahoe... OH Well. Neither of them had any of this performance either, and both were pricey as well."

Like I said.. let it ride... U won't find a better Performance Sedan from the Luxury maker's factories than the CTS-V PERIOD. And for a $28K premium.. the M5 should not only have the tilt mirror feature.. but give me a NOB JOB on the way home from the BAR if I didn't score.:lildevil:

·
Registered
cts v
212 Posts
Mine works good..no problem
what works good? the park tilt feature? it doesn't work on mine or anyone elses who posted about it. :confused: does the memory function work well also, cause on mine the seat starts moving forward as you open the door, which defeats the purpose of promoting easy ingress. i have to move fast and sit before i get pinched!(slight exageration)

·
Registered
09 CTS-V Crystal Red, 2010 Escalade Red
199 Posts
what works good? the park tilt feature? it doesn't work on mine or anyone elses who posted about it. :confused: does the memory function work well also, cause on mine the seat starts moving forward as you open the door, which defeats the purpose of promoting easy ingress. i have to move fast and sit before i get pinched!(slight exageration)
Same here, when opening the door the seat moves forward making it harder to get in. Is there a way to program this to stay put until, say, the ignition is turned on? If not I'll just run it manually. I was in an old MK VIII the other day and the seat moved forward when the key was turned to on, go figure. I did notice though,.......... it didn't pull as hard. :D:D:D

·
Registered
2014 ELR Black/Auto
401 Posts
Why doesn't GM delete the deleted programs from the DIC display menu? I also like someone's suggestion of finding an ingenius propellerhead who can either provide the code or activate the dormant code for some of these features...

·
Registered
2014 ELR Black/Auto
401 Posts

I came to the same conclusion. I may turn mine off and use the manual method.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
If Ureil and Hondarrr were to read my post (which they copied into their posts) they would see that I did not say the programming options did not work, I said they don't work as described. My contention is backed up by post from surgin, RogersV, and OldDrummer55.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts