Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac STS-V Black/Black
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else think the Bose 4.0 in the STS Seville thumped harder than Bose Studio in the STS-V also I wonder why the V didnt include the cool air bladder seats the outgoing STS had? Dont get me wrong the STS-V seats are very supportive I was just curious?

The heads up display on the STS-V is worlds nicer than the out going models version.

·
Registered
none
627 Posts
Does anyone else think the Bose 4.0 in the STS Seville thumped harder than Bose Studio in the STS-V I was just curious?

The heads up display on the STS-V is worlds nicer than the out going models version.
Yes...I had a '99 STS before this one and even the Bose in my pickup does too, under certain conditions, but, the V handles more bass becauase it seems to spread it out better from front to rear, it sounds more high end to me rather than the neighborhood(notice that I didn't say ghetto):duck: "booming" and rattling of the rear license plate.

Just my opinion...

·
Registered
06 STS-V, 08 STS-V, 14 Raptor, 12 Camaro SS, 08 FJ
1,777 Posts
Any true stero will sound better than a true 5.1 surround system. Playing radio and CD's that is. My home surround (upper end Denon with top of the like Klipsch speakers) kicks ass for movies but sounds ok for CD's and general music. 5.1 systems aren't really set up for plain stero.

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
It beats the hell out of that "stereo" in the 04-07 CTS-V :yup:

·
Registered
none
627 Posts
Any true stero will sound better than a true 5.1 surround system. Playing radio and CD's that is. My home surround (upper end Denon with top of the like Klipsch speakers) kicks ass for movies but sounds ok for CD's and general music. 5.1 systems aren't really set up for plain stero.
You got a DENON and Klipsch speakers toooooo!!!!..:bouncy:.So do I....whaddayaknow abot that!!! Mine is a 7.1.:highfive:

·
Registered
06 STS-V, 94 Fleetwood TS
755 Posts
It is all about the media. If you listen to XM, the system seems a bit weak. Find a DTS music video DVD. If you want to test the bass, get the ZZ-Top DVD and make sure you go to the DVD audio options and activate the DTS tracks. The bass then will blow you away.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My previous car had subs under each seat so I guess that spoiled me. I must say the STS 5.1 will not distort at the highest volume unlike some so called high end systems.

·
Registered
Cadillac
746 Posts
You got a DENON and Klipsch speakers toooooo!!!!..:bouncy:.So do I....whaddayaknow abot that!!! Mine is a 7.1.:highfive:
I also own Klipsch speakers although I will be upgrading soon. Unlike many "audiophiles" I think the horn technology has drastically improved (they used to sound like megaphones) and now the clarity is outstanding. Unfortunately the new Klipsch I want are 20k a pair ;)

As for STS-V, I am very happy with the system but wish there was more control. I wish you could add more volume to the seat speakers and equalize a bit better but the amp is great with no distortion.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep my main room has Klipsch speaker connected to a HK receiver.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts