Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cadillac . . . I have owned about 10 Cadillacs and now drive a 2006 DTS.

Shame on you for not including Bluetooth, & Keyless Ignition in your 'flagship' DTS model' I can't even pay for it & get it as an option. Bluetooth is a major safety item. Don't you care about the lives of your customers? Why are you trying to force me into an STS that I don't want just to get these now common features in other cars. I could have it in a Honda or a Toyota or a Nissan along with a multitude of other imports, etc., but I can't have it in my top-of-the-line Cadillac DTS! I thought Cadillac was supposed to be the best.

While I'm on a roll . . . The clock looks beautiful, but when you dim the dash lights just a bit, so the navigation screen doesn't blind you, you CAN NOT READ THE CLOCK! Silver hands on a silver background just does not read well! A 6 year old could tell this to your engineers, very poor design!

If you advertise a 6 disk CD player, you should also make it clear that it degrades down to a single disk if you also choose the Navigation feature. Why? The STS has 6 disks with navigation! I only found this out when I took delivery of my new car!

Also, I loved the turn down right mirror on my 2000 Cadillac DTS. It was instant & great! But why on earth did you make it pause about 8 to 10 seconds before it starts it's 'downturn' on the 2006 DTS. If you have traffic waiting while you back into a parking space, you are finished backing up before the darn mirror turns down for you!

Maybe some of these seemingly small items are why Toyota has just surpassed you as the world's biggest automaker.

Wake up & smell the coffee!

·
Registered
04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune
4,750 Posts
You know this is just a message board that has no affiliation with GM right?

·
Registered
2006 DTS Performance Level 2006 CTS
468 Posts
Well said GMCPHEE299. Overall, the DTS is a wonderful vehicle. However, they do some of the stupidest things when it comes to the details you mentioned. It wouldn't be so bad if the things you mentioned and may I add the really low function (far weaker than the cheapest TomTom) Nav system and the all of a sudden complicated computer interface and the partial retracting steering wheel and seat when exiting. Why do I have to set the full back seat and fully retracted wheel as my key fob settings so that I can just hit the unlock button on my key fob to make the exit function work properly when I get out of the car.

It's maddening when you realize that some idiot actually selected these things. They had choices of just leaving working things as is and they knowingly screwed them up apparently for the sake of just changing things. Dropping White Diamond for the 2006 was one of the dumber things they did. You had to wonder what happened. I have a Diamond White 2006 CTS but my 2006 DTS Perf Level is that silly White Lightning and while that is interesting, it lacks the class of Diamond White.

·
Super Moderator
2002 Seville STS F55, 2006 Mazda Miata
22,408 Posts
I never noticed a big delay when backing out. You're supposed to turn your head and check for people and cars anyway.

As far as bluetooth and keyless go, I agree that its time to integrate those features. However, the DTS is not Cadillac's "top of the line" model, as you can tell by the STS having a higher sticker price, RWD, and more technology. The DTS exists to cater to tradition, and little else. If not for those traditional customers, the car would cease to exist. The typical DTS buyer doesn't want confusing high tech features; they want quiet, comfort, and space.

·
Registered
The Northstar Tuner
2,759 Posts
Cadillac . . . I have owned about 10 Cadillacs and now drive a 2006 DTS.

Shame on you for not including Bluetooth, & Keyless Ignition in your 'flagship' DTS model' but I can't have it in my top-of-the-line Cadillac DTS! I thought Cadillac was supposed to be the best.

Wake up & smell the coffee!
The DTS is not the flag ship!!!!!
It is not the most expensive!
I was under the impression that the STS was on top in 93 again in 98, and again in 05.
The STS has always been out in front.
You may like Devilles and GM may have Marketed them as the TOP.
The Deville is the large junk on the road that give you no road feel. If you think that is what a car is supposed to feel like. Then the Deville is for you.
I have had the conversations many time about how you can't feel a bump in the road in a Caddy. That is not a good or pleasant feeling to me.

I like the DTS a lot more than the older Deville. The cradle is redesigned and the engine is bolted in better. This give the car a more FIRM ride.

BTW the XLR is the top of the line Cadillac and the flag ship is an Escalade in my opinion

·
Registered
2006 DTS Performance Level 2006 CTS
468 Posts
I was under the impression that the STS was on top in 93 again in 98, and again in 05.
The Deville is the large junk on the road that give you no road feel. If you think that is what a car is supposed to feel like. Then the Deville is for you.
I have had the conversations many time about how you can't feel a bump in the road in a Caddy. That is not a good or pleasant feeling to me.

I like the DTS a lot more than the older Deville. The cradle is redesigned and the engine is bolted in better. This give the car a more FIRM ride.

BTW the XLR is the top of the line Cadillac and the flag ship is an Escalade in my opinion
The DTS probably would be the top seller if they quit using it as a training ground for GM engineers and invested a few dollars in real technology. Each time the junior engineers change something they screw it up. GM ran the best cadillac ever (the Eldorado ETC) into the ground by letting technology completely bypass it until it was underfunctioned compared to everything else.

·
Registered
'00 ETC '07 DTS '76 Eldorado (sold)
42 Posts

Now the flagship of Cadillac is a truck? WOW. "vir sapit qui pauca loquitur"

·
Super Moderator
2002 Seville STS F55, 2006 Mazda Miata
22,408 Posts
The Deville did, however, get Night Vision in 2000. Seville and Deville were based on the same architecture.

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
We have our own "Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate" section as well.. This could have fit there too..

The DTS isn't the flagship. However, the biggest car is usually a companies flagship. The BMW flagship is the 7-Series. The Mercedes flagship is the S-Class. The Audi flagship is the A-8. The Lexus flagship is the LS. I can go on and on.

Cadillac doesn't really have a flagship, it seems. It's wierd to think of the STS as the flagship being so much smaller than everybody elses flagships. Except Acura - IT TOO has a small flagship - the RL... Infiniti? The "Q" when it comes back...

The poster of this topic is right. The DTS SHOULD have had these features. People who normally buy flagships don't want high tech features? I can't agree with that. Look at all the above named flagships........

Posts like this are important and I hope Cadillac takes the time to read into them. It's not all about congratulating Cadillac for being "almost" the standard of the world, ya know......

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would also like to see the head up display in the DTS. I like it so much I am considering the STS even though the smaller back seat will present a problem. I am also looking into other brands if since I might have to settle for a smaller car than the DTS.

My wife has a 2006 STS with the head up and it's GREAT!

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
As a DTS owner who happens to very much like his car, I tend to agree, but for different reasons and with one major dissent: I most certainly do NOT want a very firm, performance type ride. If I wanted to feel every pebble and crack, I'd buy a Mercedes or similar. I WANT my car to have a soft, though controlled, ride that filters out bumps and road imperfections, and to be serenely quiet. Top on my list of wants would be the restoration of the automatic parking brake release, a fully automatic trunk lid similar to BMW and Lincoln, rear seats that cool and recline, and most important, REAR WHEEL DRIVE. Navigation and communications systems should be top rate and cutting edge for those that choose to have them (I personally don't). Before anyone shoots back, I'll state flat out that I buy the DTS because it's as close as I can get to the traditional cars Cadillac used to make while still being a new Cadillac. I would not even consider buying an STS, CTS, or Escalade. The first two are not at all to my tastes and the last is little more than a necessary evil, in my opinion. If Cadillac stopped making quasi-traditional full-sized cars like the DTS, I'd stop buying new cars altogether. Just my two cents.

Craig

·
Registered
Cadillac 2006 DTS Luxury III
11 Posts
Frankly, I agree with Craig. We do a lot of over the road driving in our DTS 06, and it handles great in almost all weather conditions as well as on most roads even if the roads are not interstates. It's one thing to get into a CTS and just drive around town and a totally different thing to drive a vehicle 600 miles a day in all kinds of traffic. Our DTS has the pick up and handling ability to cope with most traffic situations. Yes, the fact that our mileage is not even close to that of our 04 DHS and that we have to use premium gas has been a very big disappointment. I guess I feel that the DTS comes as close to "having it all" for a comfortable ride, good pick-up, good handling that even though I'm disappointed with some of the changes, I sure don't know what plan B would be.

·
Registered
'18 Escalade Platinum
924 Posts
As a DTS owner who happens to very much like his car, I tend to agree, but for different reasons and with one major dissent: I most certainly do NOT want a very firm, performance type ride. If I wanted to feel every pebble and crack, I'd buy a Mercedes or similar. I WANT my car to have a soft, though controlled, ride that filters out bumps and road imperfections, and to be serenely quiet. Top on my list of wants would be the restoration of the automatic parking brake release, a fully automatic trunk lid similar to BMW and Lincoln, rear seats that cool and recline, and most important, REAR WHEEL DRIVE. Navigation and communications systems should be top rate and cutting edge for those that choose to have them (I personally don't). Before anyone shoots back, I'll state flat out that I buy the DTS because it's as close as I can get to the traditional cars Cadillac used to make while still being a new Cadillac. I would not even consider buying an STS, CTS, or Escalade. The first two are not at all to my tastes and the last is little more than a necessary evil, in my opinion. If Cadillac stopped making quasi-traditional full-sized cars like the DTS, I'd stop buying new cars altogether. Just my two cents.

Craig

I agree 110%. If I want a BMW, I'll buy a BMW. The magic carpet ride is what a Cadillac is all about. I'm buying the car for the precise reason that it seems to float an inch off the pavement at all times. I don't expect sports car handling, although I do expect competent handling. To me the STS is a four door Corvette, plain and simple. Its a sports car that just happens to be sold at the Cadillac dealer.

I can easily afford either an S-Class or a Lexus LS460, but I want the type of car that only Cadillac (and to a lesser extent Lincoln with the Town Car) can offer, and if GM/Cadillac quit making them....well, let's just hope that someone in Detroit comes to their senses, and quickly.

There was a '91 Brougham in front of me in the service area this morning at the dealer, and all I've been thinking all day long is how many could/would Cadillac sell if they decided to reintroduce an updated version of that car. Too bad we'll never get the chance to find out......

·
Registered
2009 CTS AWD DI 2014 AWD CTS DI
639 Posts
I am still nursing our 2002 DHS along with 107,000 miles. The pickup is more than adequate and we get 30MPG on a trip which is impressive. I look at the styling of our 02 and the new ones and see nothing that gets me excited enough to come up with another $40,000+. The lower mileage is really a bummer. I see nothing in the 08s to get excited about so I will see if I can hold out until the 09s.

·
Registered
2008 CTS (hopefully soon)
86 Posts
i must say that i hear the nav & bluetooth complaints somewhat frequently here at arnold palmer cadillac. it's a tough one to overcome because it's the damned truth. if EVERY OTHER MAKE can do it, why can't we? part of the no bluetooth has something to do with GM pushing hand's free ON-Star calling ...

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
i must say that i hear the nav & bluetooth complaints somewhat frequently here at arnold palmer cadillac.
part of the no bluetooth has something to do with GM pushing hand's free ON-Star calling ...
Using hands free On Star wouldn't be so bad.... if it didn't COST so much. Why don't they get competive on pricing?

2000 minutes on Cingular is 99 bucks. And that includes free calls to other Cingular phones plus unlimited nights and weekends. 2000 minutes on On Star would be several times that.

Jim from Texas

1 - 20 of 21 Posts