Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2008 DTS base
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone been searching a little and can't seem to find another person with my "same" issue. So about a week ago my car started to misfire so i had the codes pulled and it came out with P0300 P0302 P0202 so i understand that cylinder#2 is misfiring and someone suggested its a coil which ive replaced on another cylinder already to stop a misfire last month. This time around it seems different because the misfire all of a sudden disappeared for about a week no lights no shaking, until last night when i started my car. Gonna try n get a better look today after work just wanted to see if anyone has had a similar situation with it just going away and coming back.

Btw my car is an 08 base model with about 147k miles. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2011 DTS Premium w/1SD | 1999 Deville Base (RIP @179K Miles)
404 Posts
Were the spark plugs ever changed, The ones that came with the car wear out after 100k miles

·
Registered
2006 DTS
6 Posts
I replaced my #2 coil beginning of January. 2006 luxuryII DTS with 128,000. it cleared up for 1 day then stared back finally going from TCS system failure to this #2 crap again. My codes are #2 misfire & coil again. I found a link in January that I didn't save. Looking for it now. Deals with some guys exact same trbls as ours. His 4th time he went to a 3rd dealership & they found something else as root cause of the "exact same cylinder misfire" trbls he kept having. I'll hit back when I find it. $45 each time gets old superquick.,, & its not a part "brand or quality" issue either.

----------

$5 spark plug gapped correctly, already changed & is intact & functioning as manufactured:yup:

·
Registered
2008 DTS base
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wish i had been able to get back on here and read that beforehand i used the bwd brand before and same yesterday and replaced my front 4 plugs with some motorcraft plugs seems to be running good so far but i will keep my fingers crossed. the old plugs looked to be in pretty bad shape and kinda burnt out. and on another note i had a small buildup of oil in my #8 hole hope that doesnt affect anything for awhile.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,551 Posts
The plug wells are sealed by O-rings in the cam cover which weep over time. Oil on one or more Northstar plugs is very common. Not a problem.

As advised, install the correct AC Delco Professional Platinum plugs. They come pre-gapped to .050". Use a tad of anti-seize on the first 3 threads and torque to about 13 lb/ft.

·
Registered
2008 DTS base
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Might have to switch plugs misfire cane back after driving 30 miles to work today but it was fineon the way up here until I turned it back on afterwards. Or could it be because I didn't torque them

·
Registered
2008 DTS base
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the only code that its throwing right now is that my circuit to my injector is bad so ill have too do some searching and get that part next

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,551 Posts
The actual torque is not that critical - but I use the figure as advice they need to be securely tightened as opposed to a lick and a promise.

........... and an improperly tightened plug can overheat and burn off the electrodes - that thread-to-head contact is one of the things that determines the heat transfer rate (heat range) of a given plug.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts