Cadillac Owners Forum banner
11581 - 11600 of 11616 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Silver Perf Coupe awd ; 2013 Silver Premium Coupe- awd: currently 2012 Premium Coupe -awd
374 Posts

·
Registered
96 FWB
2,812 Posts
Ha High on my list of most feared occurrences in life would have to be owning a $1,000 bottle of anything alcolholic. It either means I was daft enough to buy it, or, it was gifted by a friend or family member too stupt to comprehend the value of a $grand.

·
Super Moderator
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
14,426 Posts
Counterfeit alcohol (especially whiskey) is definitely out there and one of the many reasons why I will not support the secondary market.
That article is somewhat of an anomaly as it referenced a fake bottle which was actually furnished by a brick & mortar establishment. Upon further investigation, that particular store had purchased many bottles supposedly from a private collection, all of which were eventually pulled from the store's shelves or refunded.

·
Registered
Black/Black 2013 CTS Sedan 3.0L RWD (108k miles)
1,435 Posts
Dunno if anyone likes drinking red wine here, but recently tried the Kirkland cab ... in a box. It was surprisingly good and even more surprisingly affordable. $12.99 for 3 L which is equivalent to four bottles. That's like $3 a bottle. As it is in a box with a spout, it's good for a month after opening (it only took us like 2 hours to drain it tho) and the spout has a built in aerator which is a nice bonus.

I always thought boxed wine was cheap trash used by college girls to get drunk, but this one was pretty good and smooth.

·
Registered
2014 CTS4 Sport Wagon*Luxury 2016 CTS V-Sport Premium
3,071 Posts
good to see you back azianbob...how's the CTS running???

Bill

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
18,141 Posts
Send those pics of wife like you promised!

Reactions: HurstGN

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
LOL it was crazy at work, like everyone in the department quit in a span of like 3 months. Was super hectic but I managed to land a promotion out of it, but it's been more work. We've since hired several folks so it's finally kind of returning to normalcy.

CTS if running fine (to my wife's chagrin). Wife is praying for the CTS to fail so we can get rid of it and get a German SUV, but so far Caddy's been holding up problem free. We are also tempted to sell one of our cars given that we both work remotely now and used car prices are high ... but I just can't bring myself to let the CTS go while it is still under GMEPP warranty and working fine. My goal is to get this CTS to 200k!

Hope everyone else is doing great too!

·
Super Moderator
14,426 Posts
Liquid Bottle Glass bottle Barware Drink

Congrats on the promotion, Bobby-- cheers!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Hey guys, is it okay to drive around with a screw in a tire if no air is leaking? It's hard to find time during work hours to get it over to get patched. Wondering if its safe to drive until the weekend.

·
Super Moderator
14,426 Posts
Hey guys, is it okay to drive around with a screw in a tire if no air is leaking? It's hard to find time during work hours to get it over to get patched. Wondering if its safe to drive until the weekend.
Yes, for a short time and as long as the puncture is not anywhere in the sidewall.
Many people drive around for months unaware they have something foreign in their tread profile.

·
Registered
96 FWB
2,812 Posts
Yes, for a short time and as long as the puncture is not anywhere in the sidewall.
Many people drive around for months unaware they have something foreign in their tread profile.
Yes, I imagine about 0% of folks closely inspect all their tires before every trip - I sure don't. But I make a point of closely eye-balling everything whenever warshing the car since I have to roll it back a foot anyway to get at the part covered up by the rear well.

Interesting quandary though. The downside to waiting for repair would be lessened if the car is packing a spare. But in that case I've known of some who've gone years without checking that it's even inflated.

·
Super Moderator
14,426 Posts
Yes, I imagine about 0% of folks closely inspect all their tires before every trip - I sure don't. But I make a point of closely eye-balling everything whenever warshing the car since I have to roll it back a foot anyway to get at the part covered up by the rear well.

Interesting quandary though. The downside to waiting for repair would be lessened if the car is packing a spare. But in that case I've known of some who've gone years without checking that it's even inflated.
My SIL recently had a add-air condition after getting new tires.
What is it?
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Motor vehicle

It really is key to keep an eye on your tire pressure.
Make sure you lock that into your brain.

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Synthetic rubber

Sidenote:
The tires she purchased appear to be doing an outstanding job of collecting gravel and filling up the sipe channels.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
18,141 Posts
I check tire pressure about every three weeks. It's a good habit. We get 30 degree temperature swings daily so it's important to note.

·
Registered
96 FWB
2,812 Posts
?SIL = SonIL, SisIL Either way mad skilz drifting the shoulders.

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
2,720 Posts
I had to add air yesterday. It was -15F one day, 32F the next, and then it got super cold again. Then I got the warning to check the left side. I let the tires cool down overnight and went to inflate them in the morning: each one of the four was reading roughly 28 PSI and that is 3-4 PSI lower than I had set them when I put them on in November. I am sure it doesn't help that my winter wheels are 17" take-offs that are now in their 13th salt-encrusted winter.

Still, occasionally having to top-up the tars is easily the simplest to manage of the many vagaries of winter driving in Canada - especially with a TPMS-equipped vehicle.

On average, the coldest day of the winter occurs in Ottawa in about a week's time. Still lots of winter left.

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
2,720 Posts
I see the forecast is calling for 25 cm of snow for Monday - which is about 5x what is on the ground right now. Monday will also mark my first day without a job since 1983 so I guess that I won't have to drive anywhere if I don't want to. Not really looking forward to that - am not good at being idle.

·
Super Moderator
14,426 Posts
I see the forecast is calling for 25 cm of snow for Monday - which is about 5x what is on the ground right now. Monday will also mark my first day without a job since 1983 so I guess that I won't have to drive anywhere if I don't want to. Not really looking forward to that - am not good at being idle.
Yeah, getting super cold here this weekend with the storm dumping more snow Sunday night into Monday morning.
Enjoy staying at home and not sharing the road with knucklehead drivers!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Yeah its right in the middle of the tread and must of gotten in a good spot because its been a couple days and no loss in air pressure. We haven't driven it since then but will be taking it tomorrow morning for a patch. Tire shops all close at like 5 or 6 now so not enough time to make it over after work. Was just wondering if some people just drive it if no loss of air but i guess why risk it suddenly failing if you know its in there.

Wow Long is that a key that got embedded in the tire? What the heck? The tire must be made from like the weakest rubber ever

·
Registered
2011 CTS Sport Wagon
1,620 Posts
That key would go through just about any tire if run over at the right angle. They look like Michelin Crossclimate2 tires, I recognize the tread pattern and almost bought them for the wife's minivan last year.

It's supposed to get cold here tomorrow, maybe single digits overnight. They're saying less than an inch of snow from this storm though - I'm on the rain/snow line and should be mostly rain.

11581 - 11600 of 11616 Posts