Cadillac Owners Forum banner
10921 - 10940 of 11028 Posts

·
Registered
96 FWB
2,583 Posts
So Long, all I can say is way to chuck a 2x, and impressive mental picture of the 'pool geyser water feature' slash 'basement precipitation'. But under the heading of misery loves company, you reminded me [and thanks a farkin' lot for that] of my own fun with the expansion tank. It's been at least 8 years now, when I was having issues with the old POTS lines being repurposed for bonded pair mediocre speed 'broadband' internet. It's tight in the mech. area where the phone box is in the joists overhead right next to the water heater and an outside wall. So, I set a stepladder and joblight for the tech's better access. A young green fella shows up and I just mention to him to be careful of the PVC water piping underfoot. The first time coming off the ladder he steps smack dab directly on the tank connection with a beautiful loud jet splashing right into the corner and swirling rapids across the floor. He's ready to cry and acting like the floor is lava and I'm figuring he's going to run away and I won't have internet for days. I guess I half expected this to happen, so just instinctively turned off the water supply and went to reassuring the guy while 25 gallons on water emptied. Whatever wasn't on raised shelves I had time to get out of the area and only a rug got wet = no big woop.

Funny, the poor kid was ready to fall on his sword and said he'd be willing to report what he did and get me a different serviceman out right away. I've been there too many times myself in life, and said just keep going and ain't nobody gonna be reporting nothing. In 10 minutes I had everything glued back up and turned on while he's on the ladder right over me.

Cliffs: Anticipating how everything in your house can and will FUBAR, it's always a matter of too many spare parts......... will always be barely enough. I'm stoked for the rest of the day now, thanks!

• Haha
Reactions: Long

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6 RWD Black 2008 CTS 3.6 DI RWD Red
72 Posts
Consumer Federation of America (CFA) and Center for Economic Justice (CEJ) show that insurers collected $42 billion in excess premiums while providing only $13 billion in “premium relief.”[1] Instead of returning the COVID windfall to consumers, insurers increased payouts to senior management and stockholders.
This happened in every industry across the board that received Covid money. There was so much money going so many places, the government couldn't keep up with tracking it. It will be years before they account for all of it, and most swindlers will be long gone by then.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
2,551 Posts
They opened the US Canadian border to all VAXed people of course it has been open to all illegals VAXed or not.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
17,798 Posts
They opened the US Canadian border to all VAXed people of course it has been open to all illegals VAXed or not.
Lets send 'em all to Vegas, land of milk and honey.

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,499 Posts
But they can't afford Honey. Oh, you're not talking about who I thought ... nevermind

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
We have plenty of Honeys here all ready, and the milk has dried up.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
17,798 Posts
Those Honeys just want to milk their Johns.

·
Super Moderator
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
13,813 Posts
My lady brought this home today.
Thanks, baby!
Bottle Liquid Drinkware Table Glass bottle

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
And no more Brown Sugar by The Stones.
What will they do next ?

Reactions: tinman

·
Registered
17,798 Posts
And no more Brown Sugar by The Stones.
What will they do next ?
This is effed up. Under My Thumb is so sexist. Ban the Rolling Stones!

·
Registered
96 FWB
2,583 Posts
::Long::
My lady brought this home today.
Thanks, baby!

Zombie Jaw Sleeve T-shirt Art

But you know to play along unawareslike. At least in my case something badly good almost always comes of it.

And I recently caught a bottle hawking a stick of 'virgin charred oak stave' in it ala the reed of grass and pickled worm type thing. I'm not sure I ever recall the brand before, but the cost was a hard hard pass.

• Haha
Reactions: Long

·
Super Moderator
13,813 Posts
Nice. Never had a bad bottle of the maker's wood finishing series.

Watch out for their limited edition releases too. FAE-02 was just released, but I haven't seen it anywhere here yet. I'm definitely picking one of them up when I see it.
I have a few 46's, a Limited 101, and a MM Cask Strength 20-01 @110.1 proof. Haven't opened the latter two yet, but I'm digging the 46.
The Private Selection bottle was a nice surprise from my girl, especially since I've been dealing with some major reflux, an ulcer, or something else that's just dumb and it's been tough just drinking coffee as of late. Finished off a WRDO and sipping a 1920 this evening. Brown-Forman puts out some damn good whiskey!

I also scored a couple other nice bottles this week and will snap a pic once I have them in my possession.
Still looking for Jack Daniel's Barrel Proof. Found some Single Barrel @94 proof but passed on it.

·
Super Moderator
13,813 Posts
3 good reds emptied tonight. All under $20 each.
Bottle Drinkware Barware Table Glass bottle

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
This is effed up. Under My Thumb is so sexist. Ban the Rolling Stones!
hell NO!. it is art. They can say what they want.

Lyrics

Under my thumb:
The girl who once had me down
Under my thumb
The girl who once pushed me around
It's down to me
The difference in the clothes she wears
Down to me, the change has come
She's under my thumb
And ain't it the truth babe?
Under my thumb
It's a squirmin' dog who's just had her day
Under my thumb
A girl who has just changed her ways
It's down to me
Yes it is
The way she does just what she's told down to me
The change has come
She's under my thumb
Ah, ah, say it's alright
Under my thumb
Is a Siamese cat of a girl
Under my thumb
She's the sweetest, hm, pet in the world
It's down to me
The way she talks when she's spoken to
She's under my thumb
Ah, take it easy babe
Yeah
It's down to me, oh yeah
She's under my thumb
Yeah, it feels alright
Under my thumb
Her eyes are just kept to herself
Under my thumb, well I
I can still look at someone else
It's down to me, oh, that's what I said
She's under my thumb
Say, it's alright
Say it's all
Say it's all
Take it easy babe
Take it easy babe
Feels alright
Take it, take it easy babe

Now both of those songs are very true. The Brown Sugar was history and the Under My Thumb is history thru the present.

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
2,393 Posts
The Stones always flirted with controversy in their song lyrics: Star Star, Some Girls, Stray Cat Blues, etc. If they're at the stage where they want to tone it down, I'm okay with that - heck, they're geriatrics at this point and filthy rich ones at that.

·
Registered
17,798 Posts
I was sarcastic about Under My Thumb and the Stones.
I'm not sarcastic when I say that revisionist history sux.

Reactions: Nonsmiley

·
2011 CTS Coupe Premium
Orlando - We take orphans
4,397 Posts
US goes through revisionist periods occasionally, think last time was in the '30s. Germany went through about the same time and Russia (USSR et subs.) has been pretty constant since 1917. Fortunately today the Internet makes it more difficult but is possible to swamp with dissimilar information.

Nothing new, it is said the Bible was kept in Latin for centuries to prevent the peasants from reading. (part of my HS education was four years of Latin. Veni, vidi, fugi.

10921 - 10940 of 11028 Posts