Cadillac Owners Forum banner
10901 - 10920 of 11028 Posts

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
17,798 Posts
Perhaps we have a language barrier, lol.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
2,551 Posts
At 75 years young and semi-retired, I work two days a week and do nothing but read mystery novels. No worries.
When I was in sales or a manager of a company I was sleep deprived. Hell, I had to take sleeping pills to shut off all my thinking and planning so I could get to sleep.

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
2,393 Posts
At 75 years young and semi-retired, I work two days a week and do nothing but read mystery novels. No worries.
When I was in sales or a manager of a company I was sleep deprived. Hell, I had to take sleeping pills to shut off all my thinking and planning so I could get to sleep.
That's kind of where I am today. I run a fairly large organization (~$1B and 2,500 employees around the world) plus all the other stuff an adult has to deal with. If I wake up between 3 and 5, I have trouble falling back to sleep and as often as not, I don't.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
17,798 Posts
Owning a small business you learn cash is king. Not how much you make, but how much you have. I remember a few lean - real lean - times at a young age where I was sweating making payroll. I learned to get those thoughts out of my head so I could sleep. It took a while to learn, but I made it. Somehow someway that sun is going to rise tomorrow morning so don't sweat the details.

·
Registered
Current: 2012 3.6L ThunderGray CTS4 | Retired Caddies [3]: 2002/1993/1994 Seville Touring Sedan
153 Posts
That's kind of where I am today. I run a fairly large organization (~$1B and 2,500 employees around the world) plus all the other stuff an adult has to deal with. If I wake up between 3 and 5, I have trouble falling back to sleep and as often as not, I don't.
i have to be out of the house by 05:00 for either of my jobs. I can’t get to sleep before 01:00 no matter what. Usually it’s around 01:45-03:00 that I go to sleep and then my alarm hits a 04:00. I have tried sleeping aides and medications… I end up staying awake through the drowsiness. Always has been the case.

Reading fiction has always been the best way to quiet my brain enough to sleep (Michael Crichton, Dumas, and Terry Pratchett are my favorite authors, but alas, all dead now), but then I end up reading even later than pure exhaustion would have taken me.

Manual labor helps because my body forces shutdown before the mind can object, but that just brings me closer to the 01:00 sleep time than 03:00. I guess anything is better than nothing.
\_ (•_•) _/

I don’t have a business and retirement is just shy of 30yrs away for me if I stay on the path I’m on. I’m often told that if I could organize my thoughts, I could take over the world, but I wasted 35yrs of my life trying to find the bigger better deal from a very short sighted perspective and never planned to have a tomorrow. Only realized might have the misfortune to live long enough to “get old” when I turned 38. I never intended to live past 25, never mind reach forty and see my kid surpass my Highschool grade level, with honors to boot! (he is also a runner in Cross-Country).

I am doing quite well for myself, but only if one compares it with where I’ve been and what I’ve come up from.

·
Registered
17,798 Posts
Take what you can get, but give your body some down time to recuperate. It's important.

·
Super Moderator
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
13,813 Posts
Counting sheep did nothing for me.
Much better rest counting birds.
Liquid Bottle Drinkware Window Fluid

·
Super Moderator
13,813 Posts
If we're playing "which one doesn't belong", I know which one it is!

Good to hear the new label 1920 is good, think I'll have a pour of that tonight.
I'm about halfway through OF 1920 already.
The 1897 will be opened within the next day or so.

·
Super Moderator
13,813 Posts
"Interesting" event happened today.

I was removing paneling in my basement workshop/mechanical room in preparation to inspect, make any necessary repairs, and waterproof the exterior perimeter block wall. While removing 6" firring strips around an air duct, somehow I managed to knock one ~8 ft through the air striking my pressure tank gauge and breaking it clean off the pipe. This created a geyser of pressurized cold water spewing up to the rafters, saturating everything in a six foot radius (including myself) and raining down to the floor.

Couldn't do that again if I tried and NO, there will not be any further attempts at recreating the event.
Repairs have been made, Shop-Vac is put away, water is back on. Time for Bourbon.

·
Registered
17,798 Posts
Hell, yes, it's time for bourbon!

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
2,393 Posts
"Interesting" event happened today.

I was removing paneling in my basement workshop/mechanical room in preparation to inspect, make any necessary repairs, and waterproof the exterior perimeter block wall. While removing 6" firring strips around an air duct, somehow I managed to knock one ~8 ft through the air striking my pressure tank gauge and breaking it clean off the pipe. This created a geyser of pressurized cold water spewing up to the rafters, saturating everything in a six foot radius (including myself) and raining down to the floor.

Couldn't do that again if I tried and NO, there will not be any further attempts at recreating the event.
Repairs have been made, Shop-Vac is put away, water is back on. Time for Bourbon.
It would have been time for bourbon anyway. Still, glad to hear that the situation was remedied.

·
Super Moderator
13,813 Posts
It would have been time for bourbon anyway. Still, glad to hear that the situation was remedied.
I'm still wondering HTF I managed to make this happen.
My oldest son ran downstairs when he heard what he described as "a drowning man screaming obscenities".
He killed the breaker for the water pump while I attempted to slow the water flow by holding my thumb over the hole in the manifold.

·
Registered
17,798 Posts
Hmm, is that like the Dutch boy putting his finger in the ****?

Ohhh, censored.

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
2,393 Posts
I'm still wondering HTF I managed to make this happen.
My oldest son ran downstairs when he heard what he described as "a drowning man screaming obscenities".
He killed the breaker for the water pump while I attempted to slow the water flow by holding my thumb over the hole in the manifold.
LOL. Like genuine LOL!

I can laugh because I've been there so many times before.

·
Super Moderator
13,813 Posts
LOL. Like genuine LOL!

I can laugh because I've been there so many times before.
I knew my unfortunate circumstance would be appreciated here.

To clarify, the threaded portion of the pressure gauge remained inside the manifold port, breaking off flush. Being made of brass and housed in a copper pipe with Teflon tape, I tapped a slightly larger Hex key into the lodged portion and simply unscrewed it. If that didn't work...well (pun intended), I'm glad it did.

·
Registered
2014 CTS4 Sport Wagon*Luxury 2016 CTS V-Sport Premium
2,935 Posts
glad to read you got it sorted...that had to be quite a surprise...

Bill

10901 - 10920 of 11028 Posts