Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

9461 - 9480 of 9524 Posts

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
16,929 Posts
You home now? Time to start packing, Gene. And I don't mean your suitcase.

·
Super Moderator
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
12,428 Posts
I was shot at a coupe of times. Once at a bar in Texas and once in a parking lot in Ft.Myers. I do not recommend it. And me with no guns.
Women or gambling involved? Both?
This is just a taste of yet another chapter in TheFlash autobiography.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
2,317 Posts
Texas just a mad drunk in bar.
FLA after hours bar in dirt parking lot with a customer of mine and his x wife was shooting at him. After the first shot missed he said to me "not worry she only has a 2 shot derringer".

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
16,929 Posts

·
Registered
96 FWB
2,122 Posts
......"don't worry she only has a 2 shot derringer".
Her: then pulls pretty lil' 9 Kimber she splurged on with settlement

Reactions: TheFlash

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
Nice, I'm sure there are some stores who have had it sit on the shelf forever.

There should be a code printed on the bottle that you can decode the bottling date from.
According to this blog, my EHT bottle was made Aug. 9, 2019 (5 days after the bottle in the article).

·
Registered
2012 Silver Perf Coupe awd ; 2013 Silver Premium Coupe- awd: currently 2012 Premium Coupe -awd
340 Posts
I have several PPs and PPKs and Lugers and P38s and a MP40. I don't believe in carry tho.

·
Registered
96 FWB
2,122 Posts
This surely qualifies as Miscellaneous. I give blood o 'bout 4x / yr. but for something completely different I figured I'd try that platelets thing. I've got a blood type that makes me extra popular with literally every surgeon and patient in the country. It looked brain-ded simple seeing others at it before, and it's every bit as 'meh' as regular donating. Anybody even half as vain and shallow as myself who gets such selfish gratification from doing something so simple to help cancer/chemo types is gonna think they're making out like a bandit from such pitiful little effort.
It took all of 2 1/4 hours in-n-out. And you're in a nice barco-lounger with all that Netflix has to offer, and there's an impressive smorgasbord of airplane snacks and apple juice after. And look what I scored. You sure not gonna find these in a tourist gift shop:

Reactions: silversport

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
This surely qualifies as Miscellaneous. I give blood o 'bout 4x / yr. but for something completely different I figured I'd try that platelets thing. I've got a blood type that makes me extra popular with literally every surgeon and patient in the country. It looked brain-ded simple seeing others at it before, and it's every bit as 'meh' as regular donating. Anybody even half as vain and shallow as myself who gets such selfish gratification from doing something so simple to help cancer/chemo types is gonna think they're making out like a bandit from such pitiful little effort.
It took all of 2 1/4 hours in-n-out. And you're in a nice barco-lounger with all that Netflix has to offer, and there's an impressive smorgasbord of airplane snacks and apple juice after. And look what I scored. You sure not gonna find these in a tourist gift shop:

View attachment 600657
A good deed, indeed-- Nurse Long would be proud.
She has treated patients with single digit platelet counts.

·
Registered
96 FWB
2,122 Posts
My wife's one as well. Sadly the thing she finds most attractive about me is my thick and long veins.

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
My wife's one as well. Sadly the thing she finds most attractive about me is my thick and long veins.
It's true! They visually scour public gatherings like malnourished vampires looking for uncovered flesh.

BTW- She donated platelets today, too.

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
1,603 Posts
Gawrsh how quickly we go from snow to overbearing heat up here. And, as the expression goes, it's not the heat, it's the humidity. Yesterday morning's run was at 6 am and I am just suiting up right now for a short 5k. Felt like running in soup yesterday and am expecting the same. Yuck.

Oh yeah - and my running sucks. My recovery from a knee injury hasn't gone superbly well likely due to my age. This is why you meet so many people who tell you that they "used to run". It is so demoralizing and difficult to recover from a leg injury.

Once more into the breach go I...

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
Gawrsh how quickly we go from snow to overbearing heat up here. And, as the expression goes, it's not the heat, it's the humidity. Yesterday morning's run was at 6 am and I am just suiting up right now for a short 5k. Felt like running in soup yesterday and am expecting the same. Yuck.

Oh yeah - and my running sucks. My recovery from a knee injury hasn't gone superbly well likely due to my age. This is why you meet so many people who tell you that they "used to run". It is so demoralizing and difficult to recover from a leg injury.

Keep pushing, Northern-- keep pushing.

It has been super humid and I try not to complain about it because summer will cruise by way too quickly and we'll be freezing, shoveling, and listening to our vehicles rust once again.
You can break a sweat just walking to the mailbox on a day like today; I can't imagine how running 5k feels.

Here's some pics of the hills on the way to my first job this morning @87% humidity. That's not rain or fog...

·
Registered
96 FWB
2,122 Posts

BTW- She donated platelets today, too.
Woah. Now that right there is (was) some spooky coincidence. Next you're gonna tell me she had a dbl. Manhattan last evening as well. 🥃

·
Registered
96 FWB
2,122 Posts

After some serious outside work Sunday I thought to stomp on the scale before a shower and came up 7# less than my normal wt. And this was including the ~30oz. of water and juice while working. Happy to say after cocktails and big supper I was back to as fat as usual. (brined chuck roast = seconds)

And yes, a "used to run" here. Can't run on pavement anymore, and while I hate the treadmill at least I've never twisted my ankle or hurt my knees on it - yet.

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
Woah. Now that right there is (was) some spooky coincidence. Next you're gonna tell me she had a dbl. Manhattan last evening as well. 🥃
It is with great shock that I report no drinks were had last evening.

9461 - 9480 of 9524 Posts