Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

9441 - 9460 of 9524 Posts

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
1,603 Posts
Hockey is my passion. I should have been a Canucks. Yeah, definitely no love with the Habs / Nordiques. That is fine, I don't like either, lol. I'm a Red Wings fan, so screw Colorado. I like the Bruins, so you definitely know about that, lol. I used to have season tickets with the Wings, now I have a ten game season ticket package with the Lightning. Go Bolts!
Well, if you like the Bruins, you have to hate the Habs. I have always had a soft spot for the Wings - probably the one of the other original six clubs that I always rooted for. And the Hawks. Sometimes the Rangers but not often. Never the Laffs nor the Bruins.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
16,929 Posts
Totally understand. There certainly is 'something' about the original six that's special, no doubt. And holy cow, Les Habitants are playing outta their minds. This is a team everyone said should not have been in the playoffs! Up 3 - 0!

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
1,603 Posts
Totally understand. There certainly is 'something' about the original six that's special, no doubt. And holy cow, Les Habitants are playing outta their minds. This is a team everyone said should not have been in the playoffs! Up 3 - 0!
They have a good roster this year and one that underachieved in the regular season for a number of reasons. Carey Price is in the zone now though and the special teams have found their mojo again. Like a good putting streak, those things can be ephemeral but so far it is indeed looking good.

·
Registered
**2014 CTS4 Sport Wagon-Luxury**
2,696 Posts
of course another example of why you are a good Dad...

Bill

No awards given here, sir. I'm training to be a better father every single day.

I was well into my and twenties and on my own before I was able to drive any of my father's vehicles, and I remember how much that stuck with me. While I would certainly not hand over the keys to something stupid-powerful like a V or a Corvette to a relatively new driver, I fully appreciate being rewarded for hard work coupled with good behavior and thus far these punks haven't thrown anything at me that I didn't dish out to my 'rents at their age.
To be honest, I was more proud to be able to buy this kid a new suit than turning over the key to an 11+ year old car for Ball. He has tested us at times, but I am humbled daily by his outstanding abilities all the while wondering what we did along the way to be so fortunate with all three of them.

His mother and I shared some not so dry-eyed moments this weekend pouring over pictures building his grad party invites questioning how the Hell he became an adult while we remained virtually ageless... ;)

·
Super Moderator
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
12,428 Posts
Miller light (why it wasn't drunk).
I would actually put Miller Lite in the same category as Hostess Twinkies.
Not really good when fresh and won't taste any different in 50 years.

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
Long: [Leaves draft of post above where all 3 heirs will see it in hopes of buying more years until they pull the plug]
OK, that's damn funny but was more hoping for some bonus points with the wife for the 'virtually ageless' mention.

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
Bourbon and tall grass. You're an environmentalist at heart plus you want to support corn farmers. They work hard, after all.
Finally--
Someone who recognizes my genuine intentions.

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
Have you found a car when mowing the grass ?
No, all vehicles are accounted for.
We don't live in a neighborhood and we don't have a HOA, but I'm not 'that guy', either.

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
@DavesWagon

I finally enlisted and will be reporting to Colonel EH Taylor Jr.

·
Registered
96 FWB
2,122 Posts
OK, that's damn funny but was more hoping for some bonus points with the wife for the 'virtually ageless' mention.
Valiant effort! But I pull something like that with my wife and just get the usual, "Nice line of BS there. Waddayu want?"

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
Valiant effort! But I pull something like that with my wife and just get the usual, "Nice line of BS there. Waddayu want?"
Ummm...same thing we always want.

·
Registered
2012 Silver Perf Coupe awd ; 2013 Silver Premium Coupe- awd: currently 2012 Premium Coupe -awd
340 Posts
Stuck in a hotel in Round Rock, Tx- man with gun in lobby- heard two shots- 30 Police/Fire/EMS vehicles- took stretcher in 45 min ago- has not come out- apparently no hurry required? My Sweetie wants to head for home... ASAP. No permit for open carry now, good idea?

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
16,929 Posts
God Speed, Gene. Holy Toledo!

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
Stuck in a hotel in Round Rock, Tx- man with gun in lobby- heard two shots- 30 Police/Fire/EMS vehicles- took stretcher in 45 min ago- has not come out- apparently no hurry required? My Sweetie wants to head for home... ASAP. No permit for open carry now, good idea?
Yikes!
Hope you and your lady got outta there safe.

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
Nice, I love that stuff. I've been rationing the bottle I have now until I can find another one at a reasonable price. Probably only have 1 pour left though..
A buddy of mine knows I've been searching for The Colonel for some time now and he happened to stumble upon it at a store with hardly any bourbon selection at all. There was a noticeable layer of dust on the cap so we're thinking it was probably discovered in the back room recently and moved to the aisle shelf for sale. Not sure if there's any way to determine its year of production but I'll see what I can learn.
I'm remaining optimistic that my local store owner will also hold a bottle for me when they receive their next delivery as well because I have a feeling I'm not going to be able to keep this one unopened for long.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Sport Wagon
1,556 Posts
A buddy of mine knows I've been searching for The Colonel for some time now and he happened to stumble upon it at a store with hardly any bourbon selection at all. There was a noticeable layer of dust on the cap so we're thinking it was probably discovered in the back room recently and moved to the aisle shelf for sale. Not sure if there's any way to determine its year of production but I'll see what I can learn.
I'm remaining optimistic that my local store owner will also hold a bottle for me when they receive their next delivery as well because I have a feeling I'm not going to be able to keep this one unopened for long.
Nice, I'm sure there are some stores who have had it sit on the shelf forever.

There should be a code printed on the bottle that you can decode the bottling date from.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
2,317 Posts
I was shot at a coupe of times. Once at a bar in Texas and once in a parking lot in Ft.Myers. I do not recommend it. And me with no guns.

9441 - 9460 of 9524 Posts