Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

8801 - 8820 of 8939 Posts

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
11,818 Posts
So, Long - righteous score there. Color me dark caramel with envy.

Crowdsource creds maybe the shiniest new object? Appears BT be reapin' the ill winds of their own success:
And yes, I skimmed.
I don't skim when Sara is on. She's easy on the eyes and drinks bourbon.

BT strikes me as arrogant in many ways, but damn their products are effing delicious. Distribution is terrible to the point it makes me suspect it's done on purpose to create demand, hype, and mystery. I'm fortunate to have as many BT bottles as I do and I will get more. Soon.

I ran out after dinner tonight to one last shop and had a chat at length with the store owner who provided me with his allocation and shipping dates, so there's a strong chance I may be able to procure some Eagle Rare in a few weeks. Couldn't walk out empty handed...

Of course, ECSB for $27, The KC is a 120 proof single barrel store pick, and OF 1897 is BIB/100 proof and the last whiskey row bottle in the set of 4.

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
1,365 Posts
There are rumours that the local liquor store has some bottles of BT. I am afraid to stop there just in case those rumours are true.

·
Registered
11,818 Posts
There are rumours that the local liquor store has some bottles of BT. I am afraid to stop there just in case those rumours are true.
I'm scooping BT labels up when I see them regardless of my current supply.
Honestly, it's been somewhat adventurous tracking them down and I'm not even scraping the surface on their collectable offerings. I could see myself running a secondary market business after I leave my current employment.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
16,561 Posts
Slow news night? Lights on, nobody home?

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
16,561 Posts
@ Padgett

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Staggered wheel setup.

·
Registered
11,818 Posts
The Chevrolet center caps are tacky. The rest of the design is mundane.

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,885 Posts

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
1,365 Posts
Take away the decals, the scoop, the wheels, and the stewpid brake-cooling air intakes and...

er... you've got a generic coupe from the 90s with headlights from 2015

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,885 Posts
Really. Anyone attracted to that is exactly the sort who should not be allowed to drive it. On a public road at least. But that said, y'all's got to admit that tach would look bitchin' on my driver.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
I think that car is absolutely heinous.

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,885 Posts
I have a hood tach.
Bitchin'
The car ain't too shabby neither.

I'm tryna track down the pic of one with a 1/2 dozen gauges lined up inside a cowl scoop.

·
Registered
11,818 Posts
I had to buy this. HAD TO.
Anybody who knows me knows this will be prominently displayed at my bar.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
2,239 Posts
I bought my solid red 2003 ThnderBird new, But I have had paint swirl marks for a long time. I have clay bared, then rotary polished and waxed, and still had the swirl marks.

Last week I bought a new electric 10" random orbit Polisher/waxer by drillmaster. (Harbor freight) I used Meguirar's Ultimate Compound and it took three separate applications with 7 passes of buffing the area during each application to get rid of 99% of the swirls. After each application, I would drive the car out in the sun to see if the swirls were still there.

After I got rid of 99% of the swirl marks I then used Meguir's Ultimate Polish, with one application and 7 passes of buffing. Then applied Maguire's Gold Class liquid wax.

I did the deck lid and hood. Now I have to get more Compound and do the sides. (I had used the compound on my Cadillac first but it has so much metallic in the paint the swirl marks are very hard to see before the compound buffing)

Happy Motoring!

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
I bought my solid red 2003 ThnderBird new, But I have had paint swirl marks for a long time. I have clay bared, then rotary polished and waxed, and still had the swirl marks.

Last week I bought a new electric 10" random orbit Polisher/waxer by drillmaster. (Harbor freight) I used Meguirar's Ultimate Compound and it took three separate applications with 7 passes of buffing the area during each application to get rid of 99% of the swirls. After each application, I would drive the car out in the sun to see if the swirls were still there.

After I got rid of 99% of the swirl marks I then used Meguir's Ultimate Polish, with one application and 7 passes of buffing. Then applied Maguire's Gold Class liquid wax.

I did the deck lid and hood. Now I have to get more Compound and do the sides. (I had used the compound on my Cadillac first but it has so much metallic in the paint the swirl marks are very hard to see before the compound buffing)

Happy Motoring!
I'm exhausted just reading this.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
2,239 Posts
You are correct it wore me out. 3 days it took not all day. But i have melted my pain in VO.

8801 - 8820 of 8939 Posts