Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

8781 - 8800 of 8943 Posts

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
11,820 Posts
OGD114 today.
The in-laws are here.

·
Registered
11,820 Posts
I have some vintage '63s and '69s plus another dozen or so in the wine cooler.
How many bottles in your collection, boss?
I remember outside of your Vagon, your wine collection was your main worry during hurricane season.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
16,561 Posts
How many bottles in your collection, boss?
I remember outside of your Vagon, your wine collection was your main worry during hurricane season.
Half dozen of 50 year old vintage Port, another 8 bottles of more recent (10 to 20 year old) Port. Then there's about another sixty bottles of wine in my cellar. I'm hurricane ready.

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
1,366 Posts
Half dozen of 50 year old vintage Port, another 8 bottles of more recent (10 to 20 year old) Port. Then there's about another sixty bottles of wine in my cellar. I'm hurricane ready.
Tawny vs Port? What's yer thinking?

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
16,561 Posts
Tawny vs Port? What's yer thinking?
Port. Vintage Port.
(I'm a snob when it comes to Port. I was spoiled at age 18 by my brother in law who was known nationally for his Zinfandel knowledge.)

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
1,366 Posts
Port. Vintage Port.
(I'm a snob when it comes to Port. I was spoiled at age 18 by my brother in law who was known nationally for his Zinfandel knowledge.)
I'm not sophisticated enough to weigh in on this. I like both Port and Tawny - they are different animals to this palate.

·
Registered
11,820 Posts
Port. Vintage Port.
Excellent, sir.

My wife invited me into wine a while back, but quickly rescinded her decision when she discovered I was reducing her pours per bottle. Occasionally, when she is feeling gracious, I am worthy of a glass.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
I'm not sophisticated enough to weigh in on this. I like both Port and Tawny - they are different animals to this palate.
The beauty of wine is 'who cares' what other people think? What you like, and what you like it with, is all that matters. You like white, I like red. You like French wines, I like Italian. Who cares? We all like wine. Let's drink. And I like 'em all. Pour me another one!

·
Registered
11,820 Posts
The beauty of wine is 'who cares' what other people think? What you like, and what you like it with, is all that matters. You like white, I like red. You like French wines, I like Italian. Who cares? We all like wine. Let's drink. And I like 'em all. Pour me another one!
Substitute wine for bourbon or beer and I'm on board.
Cheers!

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Name your poison.

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,887 Posts
Substitute wine for bourbon or beer and I'm on board.
Cheers!
Evil minds think alike. Interesting that the attraction of a given convivial libation is every bit as much a factor of pairing with the company and associated activities (or lack thereof) as it is with developed tastes, habit and budget (or lack thereof).
Geez- I'm supposed to wait til 6pm to get this philosophical.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Evil minds think alike. Interesting that the attraction of a given convivial libation is every bit as much a factor of pairing with the company and associated activities (or lack thereof) as it is with developed tastes, habit and budget (or lack thereof).
Geez- I'm supposed to wait til 6pm to get this philosophical.
Glad to see you started drinking early.

·
Registered
11,820 Posts
Name your poison.
I do enjoy wine, but as mentioned earlier my interest in fermented grapes is in direct conflict with my wife's desire to share said beverage.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
I do enjoy wine, but as mentioned earlier my interest in fermented grapes is in direct conflict with my wife's desire to share said beverage.
Works in your favor. She can have the entire bottle and, well, so can you, lol.

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,887 Posts
Glad to see you started drinking early.
Just crashing the schedule to retain critical path. I have to be somewhere by May.

Works in your favor. She can have the entire bottle and, well, so can you, lol.
The nearest I get to the wife's champagne is to uncork it, and never any threatening moves like I'm going to drink some. It apparently works as I still have all my fingers. She might ask to puff on my cigar she thinks smells real good, but has absolutely no use for any of my bourbon.

·
Registered
11,820 Posts
Just crashing the schedule to retain critical path. I have to be somewhere by May.

The nearest I get to the wife's champagne is to uncork it, and never any threatening moves like I'm going to drink some. It apparently works as I still have all my fingers. She might ask to puff on my cigar she thinks smells real good, but has absolutely no use for any of my bourbon.
I like it when The Mrs doesn't ask, but rather just takes my cigar and puffs on it. ;)

Today was a great day outside of going back to work. My buddy returned from Va. with my Old Forester bottles and he mentioned in passing that he was interested in a bottle of WP Rye, so I ran out and bought a bottle for him as a future housewarming gift and got one for myself as well.

Buffalo Trace (Sazerac) varieties are once again cleaned off the shelves of all the stores I've been to in the last week.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Aww geeze, that looks good.

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,887 Posts
So, Long - righteous score there. Color me dark caramel with envy.

Crowdsource creds maybe the shiniest new object? Appears BT be reapin' the ill winds of their own success:
And yes, I skimmed.

8781 - 8800 of 8943 Posts