Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

8761 - 8780 of 8942 Posts

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
16,561 Posts
I can not imagine what it must be like to live on an expense account in the 2000's. back in the '80s and 90's I just turned in receipts on paper napkins if I had to. hell, I had one bill for dinner that was over $4,000. And let's not talk about the 3 girls and the boat rental for 4 days.
Oh, yes, let's DO talk about the three girls et al.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
2,239 Posts
Get this Mcw with his coolant leak post reported me for cyber bulling. The younger generation. And he wrote that i was a ick. Ya a ick. I can not think what it must be like to be him. He could type dick.

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
11,819 Posts
Get this Mcw with his coolant leak post reported me for cyber bulling. The younger generation. And he wrote that i was a ick. Ya a ick. I can not think what it must be like to be him. He could type dick.
Could you tone it down a bit, Flash? I'm feeling a little intimidated right now.
And read me a bedtime story. With feeling. Don't rush through it to get me to sleep.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
2,239 Posts
U want me to tell u about the three strippers and the rental boat?

·
Registered
11,819 Posts
U want me to tell u about the three strippers and the rental boat?
Something tells me that won't put me to sleep, but YES.

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
1,366 Posts
LOL

In what world is it okay for a newbie to respond to a veteran poster with sarcasm? I see it every once in a while and it makes me wince.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
16,561 Posts
LOL

In what world is it okay for a newbie to respond to a veteran poster with sarcasm? I see it every once in a while and it makes me wince.
Sure, let me go out of my way to look up old threads for you. Sure, let me impart knowledge I've gained here over the past years. Sure, let me help.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,887 Posts
The story of a pretty nifty dinner with one of the kids and his family in 6 pics or less:

Notes:
2 lbs. of 'shrooms started off looking like a mountain but sure cook down
Had to switch from convection to normal 'cause it crisped up too quick
Green peppercorn sauce. Yes, I'm English so everything gets (too much) sauce
Everything started off tame enough, but the DIL opened up by 'bout the 4th bottle

New recipe, and I try to follow instructions unless blatant errors and typos. I mean really, who's ever heard of just 1 1/2 Tbsp. of Madeira in anything? Interesting, but 450F for just 40 min. until 85* inside, then rest uncovered and watch it climb to 130 after another 45min. No more using paperthin packaged Prosciutto. Will get thicker deli cut from now on.

·
Registered
11,819 Posts
Looks delish!
Campo Viejo is one of my wife's go-to reds and at ~$13 there's always a few in the rack.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Finish off with some vintage Port.

Reactions: Long

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
1,366 Posts
Firstly, wow. That's a superb looking meal - is it a Wellington of some sort?

Secondly, I love Rioja. Campo Viejo is a solid one, for sure.

Thirdly, a 1963 Port?

Jayzus guys! I thought we were roughing our way through this pandemic!

And if this is roughing it for you, please don't show me what your Easter weekends are normally like...

·
Registered
11,819 Posts
LOL!
I picked this up for the wife and getting set to open it.
I'll just have some bourbon or beer. Or both.

Enjoy the day, all!

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
I have some vintage '63s and '69s plus another dozen or so in the wine cooler.

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,887 Posts
....is it a Wellington of some sort?

Yep, I'll buy a whole beef tenderloin, break it up into various cuts, salt n pepper and leave it all in the fridge to dry a few days, then freeze. The regular store was out of puff pastry so I found another place that had it and the associate mentioned it's the better quality made with all butter, not oil. That's got to be better all around and I'll be getting it there from now on. I can't recall the last time I had port. This has gotten to be a fave for 'not hard spirits' occasions:

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Had to Google that brandy. Obviously a family fave!

8761 - 8780 of 8942 Posts