Cadillac Owners Forum banner

8281 - 8300 of 8333 Posts

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
11,156 Posts
So, you lay down a square and screw it into the square below it? Seems like a lot of work that some might not do.
I reckon.
Storage when not in use is a consideration also.

·
Registered
**2014 CTS4 Sport Wagon-Luxury**
2,486 Posts
I see - as in "youse guys" and "dem broads"?
exactly...I had a boss who had gone on to have a good amount of education but every once in awhile one of those would slip out and I would tell him he just liked to trot out that Chicago Public School education...he did not like it when I said that but I thought it quite funny...:LOL:

Bill

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
I see "dem broads"?
Yo- where dey at?
I ain't seen hide nor hair of any dames in dis cold ass wedder.

You guys and yur funny talkin' prolly scared em off.

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
1,144 Posts
Yo- where dey at?
I ain't seen hide nor hair of any dames in dis cold ass wedder.

You guys and yur funny talkin' prolly scared em off.
Now I'm reminded why George Raft's career fizzled out... ;)

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
16,061 Posts
exactly...I had a boss who had gone on to have a good amount of education but every once in awhile one of those would slip out and I would tell him he just liked to trot out that Chicago Public School education...he did not like it when I said that but I thought it quite funny...:LOL:

Bill
Hmm, you HAD a boss that was upset with some type of personal insult hurled at him?

Reactions: silversport

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,661 Posts
Good one. Puns. Wit's special needs nephew.

So, you lay down a square and screw it into the square below it? Seems like a lot of work that some might not do.
Raise hands errone at least once seen someone else's car up on cinder blocks. And extra smart they've got the frame nestled in that special recess on the side.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
2,129 Posts
$15,000 for this setup

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 CTS4 LTT White Tricoat
5 Posts
I reckon.
Storage when not in use is a consideration also.
They are screwed together and when not in use they stack easily in a corner of my garage. I got the idea from watching Iron Resurrection. They use them a lot on that show.

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
1,144 Posts
They are screwed together and when not in use they stack easily in a corner of my garage. I got the idea from watching Iron Resurrection. They use them a lot on that show.
Thanks for the clarification. Feeling much better!

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
Raise hands errone at least once seen someone else's car up on cinder blocks. And extra smart they've got the frame nestled in that special recess on the side.
👐
l store my GP on blocks with wood shims; I've done it this way for 30 years. Never vertically, though.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
2,129 Posts
I use jack-stand and will get under four of them. No problem.

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,661 Posts
👐
l store my GP on blocks with wood shims; I've done it this way for 30 years. Never vertically, though.
Check. A safe and cheap way to store a car up off the susp. and rubber.
A neighborhood friend and I shared a bunch of concrete blocks when we both got cars, because who wanted to waste $$ on stands? I don't why, but we never turned a block on its end for more height and always used 2 instead. Maybe I just knew how easy they were to bust up IDK. I didn't know when lighter haydite blocks started, but all of ours must have been the heavy concrete or else I might not be here today.
You made me remember the long time it took getting a car in the air in those days using just a 1/2 ton bottle jack. And using my dad's lame-ass double open wrenches before I got a socket set for Christmas. And me and a friend installing a 350THM with me and my head on his crotch lifting it together. Ah the good old days.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
16,061 Posts
A neighborhood friend and I shared a bunch of concrete blocks when we both got cars, because who wanted to waste $$ on stands? I don't why, but we never turned a block on its end for more height and always used 2 instead. Maybe I just knew how easy they were to bust up IDK. I didn't know when lighter haydite blocks started, but all of ours must have been the heavy concrete or else I might not be here today.
You made me remember the long time it took getting a car in the air in those days using just a 1/2 ton bottle jack. And using my dad's lame-ass double open wrenches before I got a socket set for Christmas. And me and a friend installing a 350THM with me and my head on his crotch lifting it together. Ah the good old days.
Ohhh, waay too much information there, FTSS.

Reactions: silversport

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
I almost didn't post that for fear of the rush of posts coming in explaining the dangers of using blocks. I'm fully cognizant of the consequences.

To be clear, I do not work under a car with them- it is strictly to raise the tires off the floor for storage and just enough to clear a gap between the tires and my roller dollies.

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,661 Posts
Ohhh, waay too much information there, FTSS.
Ha! And why do I NOT think it's the part about how close I (persistently and repeatedly) came to death back then? :unsure: I had to think a minute. In less than two months it'll be 50 years since I first met that guy on a double date including my (to become) wife and her (to become his wife) best friend.

The next time I get together with him, and after sufficient fingers of good bourbon, I'ma remind him of that Chevelle ----------and the tranny job.

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
Calm down, Animal Rights Activists- when I say I enjoy the taste of Eagle Rare, it's not what you think.

It's bourbon. And I love how it brings out the flavor in my Snow Leopard steak.

8281 - 8300 of 8333 Posts