Cadillac Owners Forum banner

8261 - 8280 of 8333 Posts

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,661 Posts
tin-, I knew that Torin name sounded familiar. Years back I came across something perhaps Snopes worthy about a guy kicking the pawl and collapsing a stand and turned out fatal. So, I would ALWAYS set the levers outboard as I was not above bracing my foot against one on occasion for leverage. I usually like the car up pretty high for access and seemed to be overextending my 3-ton sets. So, popped for these and have been more comfortable since. I usually take so much extra time setting up and getting everything perfect I think it would really antagonize anyone else watching me take so long.

I can't wait for the weather to cooperative enough for this kind of enjoyment again:

Like I said I bit on that lifter though. The '6 months return for any reason', 3-year warranty, 'Made In America', cramming all that in just 100#, and the price, all got too much for me not to succumb to temptation. It'll either be an instant winner as a quik n easy lifter, or immediately get stripped apart for raw material on future projects.

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,661 Posts
.......... I am a little surprised that it's cleared for sale.
Your nut frum 'round 'ese parts ur ya? This is 'merica. We d'unt need no stinkink cleared.

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
11,156 Posts
When using just two stands and working underneath a vehicle, I always place the wheels under the car behind them.
I'd rather bitch about ruining two wheels than die.

The only time I ever use four stands would be tire rotation and technically I'm not under the vehicle.

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,661 Posts
Y'all is singular. Plural is Y'all's just to be clear.

And yes, the chock/block whenever using two here as well. I'll always find a spot somewhere I won't be working and use the floorjack as a 5th stand. If for no other reason than to wish the wife good luck and tell her don't spend it all in one place. :)

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
So...my brother showed up last night with a 1.75 of Basil Hayden, so I decided to give it another chance.
While still not my favorite, it was less harsh than I remembered and this time I drank it on the rocks in an effort to hydrate and keep pace with big brother.
Not something I would regularly drink straight, but would consider keeping a bottle for mixers if the price was right.

@FTSS- We'll expect a full review with pics on that automotive see-saw you purchased.

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
1,144 Posts
Y'all is singular. Plural is Y'all's just to be clear.

And yes, the chock/block whenever using two here as well. I'll always find a spot somewhere I won't be working and use the floorjack as a 5th stand. If for no other reason than to wish the wife good luck and tell her don't spend it all in one place. :)
You see? I can absolutely never blend in...

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
16,061 Posts
tin-, I knew that Torin name sounded familiar. Years back I came across something perhaps Snopes worthy about a guy kicking the pawl and collapsing a stand and turned out fatal. So, I would ALWAYS set the levers outboard as I was not above bracing my foot against one on occasion for leverage. I usually like the car up pretty high for access and seemed to be overextending my 3-ton sets. So, popped for these and have been more comfortable since. I usually take so much extra time setting up and getting everything perfect I think it would really antagonize anyone else watching me take so long.

View attachment 594948

I can't wait for the weather to cooperative enough for this kind of enjoyment again:

View attachment 594949

Like I said I bit on that lifter though. The '6 months return for any reason', 3-year warranty, 'Made In America', cramming all that in just 100#, and the price, all got too much for me not to succumb to temptation. It'll either be an instant winner as a quik n easy lifter, or immediately get stripped apart for raw material on future projects.
I know you will, but write up a review later.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
16,061 Posts
You see? I can absolutely never blend in...
No, y'all is both singular and plural, but you can say 'all y'all' if you want for the plural.

Reactions: silversport

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
2,129 Posts
Oh man, I just got beat up. I had Joey Logano to win today's Daytona race at 21 to 1. He was in first place at the end of the next to the last lap. On the last lap, Bell goes by Logano and wins the race. Once Logano got past by Bell 3 miles before the finish line he was done, never could keep up with Bell.
Shades of last week.

·
Registered
16,061 Posts

·
Registered
16,061 Posts
Reactions: Long

·
Registered
2009 CTS4 LTT White Tricoat
5 Posts
this my setup I use when I need total access under the car. Did my Vette clutch last year and it was very stable and safe. All it took was 7 2x4s and some screws.

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
1,144 Posts
View attachment 594954 this my setup I use when I need total access under the car. Did my Vette clutch last year and it was very stable and safe. All it took was 7 2x4s and some screws.
I've seen that kind of set-up being used by others. I've often thought of something like this as a failsafe for my QuickJack. I have to say that I would prefer it if those wooden squares were somehow secured into each other rather than just relying on gravity/friction but that's is a function of my mind being able to envision a scenario where one of them fails pushing the others to catastrophic collapse.

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
I believe the pieces are all screwed together.

8261 - 8280 of 8333 Posts