Cadillac Owners Forum banner

8241 - 8260 of 8333 Posts

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
16,061 Posts
I discovered a while back that I share the same name as a writer for The Simpsons, which very closely mirrors what I do here.
Sideshow Bob?

Reactions: silversport

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
16,061 Posts
And a good evening it will be.

Reactions: Long

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
11,156 Posts
And a good evening it will be.
My brother is coming over tonight, so I needed to boost supply in anticipation of mass consumption.

·
Registered
16,061 Posts
Better too much than not enough.

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,661 Posts
LOL! You guessed it.

Saturday morning haircut and juice store run paid off. Score!
Mm Hmm. Mmmmm Hmm. This is exactly the sort of stuff going on my spreadsheet pivot table 'Best Places to Summer in Retirement'.

·
Registered
16,061 Posts
Here I have a few prepaid bottles of scotch 🥃 just waiting to be picked up. I love having good stuff just lying in wait.

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
Mm Hmm. Mmmmm Hmm. This is exactly the sort of stuff going on my spreadsheet pivot table 'Best Places to Summer in Retirement'.
You're going to need booze if you want to summer retire in NY--
Or you were already intoxicated when you came up with that thought.

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
Here I have a few prepaid bottles of scotch 🥃 just waiting to be picked up. I love having good stuff just lying in wait.
They were the last of each bottle in the store, but I have a suspicion that the "new" last bottles were placed on the shelf shortly after my purchase and departure.
Either way, I've enjoyed both before so there was no guesswork. I haven't had, let alone laid eyes on a bottle of Weller in at least three years.

I wish places like totalwine.com would ship to NY

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,661 Posts
You're going to need booze if you want to summer retire in NY--
Or you were already intoxicated when you came up with that thought.
4 columns are dedicated to all the 'spirit colors' (all very holistic I assure you), and from the looks of your scores it puts your nek-o-the-woods in high favor. But to your point I do some of my best work in front of the computer. And I mean besides that.

And I wish any place anywhere would ship to Missouri.

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
1,144 Posts
They were the last of each bottle in the store, but I have a suspicion that the "new" last bottles were placed on the shelf shortly after my purchase and departure.
Either way, I've enjoyed both before so there was no guesswork. I haven't had, let alone laid eyes on a bottle of Weller in at least three years.

I wish places like totalwine.com would ship to NY
I wish I could cross the border...

·
Registered
2011 CTS Sport Wagon
1,489 Posts
I wish I could cross the border...
Fun fact about Whistle Pig is that all of their whiskey is distilled in Canada.

They have a farm in Vermont and eventually want to be "farm to glass- where they grow everything that goes into the whiskey on their farm. This includes the grains and even the oak trees used to make their own barrels. Until they get to that point, they just use Canadian rye.

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
Fun fact about Whistle Pig is that all of their whiskey is distilled in Canada.

They have a farm in Vermont and eventually want to be "farm to glass- where they grow everything that goes into the whiskey on their farm. This includes the grains and even the oak trees used to make their own barrels. Until they get to that point, they just use Canadian rye.
Interesting read. It looks like they purchased a stockpile of Canadian blending whiskey to get their business started...

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
1,144 Posts
I recommend "Neat - The story of Bourbon" on AmazonPrime. It's an interesting watch.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
2,129 Posts
what do you think of this? can't beat the price.

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,661 Posts
Initial Knee-Jerk:
Until at least a week searching reviews, records, specs, complaints...., I'm defaulting to Nope, not yet. Nice concept, but my immediate flinch to "No" is the vector of angular force in a position where the overall car is not perfectly parallel to the ground (and the ground of course being perfectly level as well).

The vertical leg (height) would have to always be kept lower than half the total length of the base for me to be comfortable under there. As it is, that means it's already higher than my comfort without even extending the mast as it's currently built. And I would be tempted to just get two complete sets for front and rear and ALWAYS keep both ends the same level.

Again, crafty inexpensive get-up, if bulletproofed against tipping over.

[EDIT]
Flash-,
I left all that intact up there for reference. But. Yes, a big But. Afterward I then watched the vid and ordered it anyway. For the price, I'm going to test it only as a replacement for my big (heavy-ass) Walker/Lincoln just to get the car in the air faster and easier, and then use my 6-ton stands at all 4 corners anyway. I'll likely never use the adjustable individual stands. Nice find and lead.

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
1,144 Posts
Initial Knee-Jerk:
Until at least a week searching reviews, records, specs, complaints...., I'm defaulting to Nope, not yet. Nice concept, but my immediate flinch to "No" is the vector of angular force in a position where the overall car is not perfectly parallel to the ground (and the ground of course being perfectly level as well).

The vertical leg (height) would have to always be kept lower than half the total length of the base for me to be comfortable under there. As it is, that means it's already higher than my comfort without even extending the mast as it's currently built. And I would be tempted to just get two complete sets for front and rear and ALWAYS keep both ends the same level.

Again, crafty inexpensive get-up, if bulletproofed against tipping over.

[EDIT]
Flash-,
I left all that intact up there for reference. But. Yes, a big But. Afterward I then watched the vid and ordered it anyway. For the price, I'm going to test it only as a replacement for my big (heavy-ass) Walker/Lincoln just to get the car in the air faster and easier, and then use my 6-ton stands at all 4 corners anyway. I'll likely never use the adjustable individual stands. Nice find and lead.
That's my gut instinct: Interesting idea, no way in blue blazes would I get underneath that or would I risk the damage to the underbody of my car using it. I am a little surprised that it's cleared for sale.

·
Registered
16,061 Posts
I just can't even think of crawling under a car with those. You get what you pay for. I paid about twice that for my pair of torin aluminum jack stands.

8241 - 8260 of 8333 Posts