Cadillac Owners Forum banner

6861 - 6880 of 7157 Posts

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
811 Posts
I am in a similar situation to Mr. Long:

2 1/2 acres of mostly trees - with millions of leaves destined for the pool.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,417 Posts
A noted and well proven scientific fact: pools magnetically attract leaves from far distances.

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
10,082 Posts
A noted and well proven scientific fact: pools magnetically attract leaves from far distances.
...but they also attract scantily clad members of the opposite sex. So, worth it.

·
Registered
10,082 Posts
Norge was the Maytag of its day, but alas got swallowed up in successive buyouts and lives on only in an Ackroyd '70's SNL appliance repairman skit.
Ah, I see.
The washer was an easy fix; lid switch. The dryer I'm still troubleshooting, but leaning towards the motor.
They're 21 yrs old, but super easy to work on. I'd rather not, but whatever.

Ah, yes famous Red Dash Rd. You gots a right quiet/private looking place. Needs more projects on blocks in the front yard.
Funny you should mention that. I said eff it to the chores today and did something fun.
Look past the dust and dinge- this ol' girl saw daylight for the first time in over 5 years today.
Fired up and ran like I parked it yesterday.
I've owned this boat since I was sixteen, but the biggest smile on my face was riding shotgun this afternoon with my boys behind the wheel.

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,260 Posts
We'd planned
...but they also attract scantily clad members of the opposite sex. So, worth it.
Spoken as only a fellow not yet old enough to be constantly mindful of not becoming id'ed as "creepy grampaw".

We were all set for 'Reverse Seared Beef Tenderloin Son's B-Day Sunday', but their 3-year old girl got crap for sleep last night plus jumped 2 degrees of fever in 2 hours this morning. Which means mom-n-dad weren't WAS either today. A Motrin and nap and back to normal, attesting to initial suspicion of teething. So, all the meat went to the freezer but still took a trip over for a brief party. Everyone likes an ale, so I spied something seasonal from one of the popular local names:

·
Registered
10,082 Posts
Yum. We need to beer share.

I remember the not WAS years, going in to work on minutes of sleep between calming kids from vomiting, nightmares, and feedings.
Now those seem to be personal problems.

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury
1,482 Posts
What is WAS?
Otherwise hope you get your meat done soon.

It is incredible how little sleep you need just because you are a parent.

·
Registered
10,082 Posts
What is WAS?
Otherwise hope you get your meat done soon.

It is incredible how little sleep you need just because you are a parent.
Worth A Sh*t.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I have had a period with my son where I make a car sketch and he puts colour on.

He has now found his way to Cadillac after watching youtube “Cadillac CTS-V autobahn”.

Here is the masterpiece. Dimensions not completely good.

Yesterday we drew the Koeniggsegg. He made the speedo and rev counter all by himself...

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,417 Posts
Impressive!

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,260 Posts
Yesterday we drew the Koeniggsegg. He made the speedo and rev counter all by himself...
Creds to dad for patterning his son in perfect order. Not to long he'll be translating that skill into model kits? Maybe dad horning in on the action as well?

·
Registered
15,417 Posts
He's working up to Legos and becoming one of their engineers.

Reactions: Long

·
Registered
10,082 Posts
In what will seem like the blink of an eye, The EjS boys will be asking their old man for the car keys.

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,260 Posts
Nah. His kids look to be Zoomers. They'll just catch Alexa during a weak moment, compliment her voice and bribe her with i-Pay to hack the ignition.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I’m trying to enjoy every moment of it like I know you tried to do.

But even in situ I feel how time just glides out of my hands. On the other hand there is so much fun all the time being a family.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Back to Cadillac: before going on holidays in Germany I got the differential fluid changed. I mentioned they needed to use the right fluid with additive.

But apparently they did not.

As long as I was on the autobahn driving straight I did not note an issue (other than the mechanical noise you have from the drivetrain was there).

But returning from that trip driving around in the city. Holy shit do I have shudder from the clutch rings in the limited slip diff? Not only hear anymore - also slight vibration. Bet this wont be good to ignore for long.

Anyhow. Time booked for fluid change again. I guess it is better to change than to just add additive now the oil has been contaminated with friction material from the clutch rings.

Astonished how big a difference an additive will make.

Just out of curiousity: how long do you think those rings are supposed to last in normal driving conditions?

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
811 Posts
Maples law. Named after a physic great, Sir Isaac Maples. What Dr. Maples neglected to research and document was that pollen and tree seed pods had a similar attraction to artificial bodies of water.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
1,856 Posts
back in the days, GM used whale oil to stop the shutter. Then we started to run out of whales in the 70's.

6861 - 6880 of 7157 Posts