Cadillac Owners Forum banner

6481 - 6500 of 6869 Posts

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,246 Posts
That works!

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury
1,428 Posts
What lengths & type(s) of boats?
All types more or less I think. From 20 to plus 40 feet. Single and double hulls.
We had trucks with boats coming from southern Europe to participate. Somebody with too much time...

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,141 Posts
I have that same set of on the rocks and tumblers.
You reminded me:
So Anchor Hocking Wexford rocks served me well for years. Back when I drank more liquors than straight spirits.

At some point I decided to replace my rather 'retro' water tumblers with something more classic. Hunting for a pic I just found out they were AH again, 'Manhattan' imagine that :)

'Annapolis' caught my eye (AH again dam!) and I got 2 cases ea. of those and matching rocks for a unified look. V. good quality economical for everyday and hold up well in the dishwasher:

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
9,871 Posts
Yes, Anchor Hocking. I believe we've had our set (well, what's left) for ~20 years.
Out of a complete set we have maybe 3 tumblers and 2 OTR left. Not too shabby a lifespan for the abuse they took.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,246 Posts
Libbey Glass, made in America.

·
Registered
Black/Black 2013 CTS Sedan 3.0L RWD (99k miles)
1,264 Posts
Found a Cadillac dealer by my in-laws that is selling oil change coupon books of 3 changes with Dexos 5W-30 for $89.95 … seems like an awfully good deal. Should I be worried its too good to be true?

·
Registered
9,871 Posts
Found a Cadillac dealer by my in-laws that is selling oil change coupon books of 3 changes with Dexos 5W-30 for $89.95 … seems like an awfully good deal. Should I be worried its too good to be true?
They'll probably try to upsell you other services while you're there.

·
Registered
15,246 Posts
Thirty bucks a pop. Go for it. And they will try to upsell you like Long mentioned. Just take your hearing aids out when you go there.

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,141 Posts
Hey, who died and turned this into the 'Relevant and Useful Information Exchange Banter Thread'?

You made me look. I do my own changes, and for multitude reasons aside from just cost. But can certainly appreciate that's not everyone's preference. So, I started by hunting just the oil ($23 for legit brandname) and filter ($17 Wix) cost. And I initially read the deal as committing to 3 shots @ $90 EACH, which is humanly feasible but bordering on loss leader as mentioned,.especially considering dealer labor.

But if all 3 visits for $90 TOTAL? Better buck up for a full-court press dose of Eberhard Seminar Training and frat hazing treatment right there. And a $2 filter. And lord knows what 'special custom enhanced blend' of that dexos it turns out they're pumping.

·
Registered
15,246 Posts
Exactly why Long mentioned to watch out for the upsell.

·
Registered
15,246 Posts

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,141 Posts
U guys quit bean mean to me.

Exactly why Long mentioned to watch out for the upsell.
hence my reference concurring to he (and you) "loss leader as mentioned,....."

You pay $17 for an oil filter?
I jus' quickly googled the best WIX for that model/engine. Turns out RA charges $7 for the XP for mine, and I see $10.50 for an XP for a 3.0 CTS.

It's still difficult to impossible math for that coupon.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Sport Wagon
1,453 Posts
when you figure they buy the oil by the drum and the lowest paid guy is doing the change, they probably aren't even losing much, but yea the plan is just to get you in the dealership and then rob you blind.

This is a smart way to do it though, getting you to commit to 3 visits. Wouldn't be surprised if they don't push too hard on the first visit, just let you know of a few things that need to be done in the near future.. just priming you up for your second and third $30 oil change.

·
2011 CTS Coupe Premium
Orlando - We take orphans
2,970 Posts
Have a lifetime warrenty (or to 2095) on my '12 GC so buy four changes with lube and wash at the selling dealer so in computer $120 for 4. Figure worth it for the documentation. They have really been pretty good about not up-selling (but keep asking if I want to sell....)

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
1,795 Posts
They buy oil in bulk tanker drop loads. I was buying 300 gallons at a time my small shop and marked it up 125%. But in a dealership at$30 an oil change. It costs then $100 just to write the repair order.

·
Registered
9,871 Posts
U guys quit bean mean to me.
Just sprinkle in a pic of beer, boobs, or something shiny and we'll easily lose track of what we were teasing about in the first place.
Shoot, a pic of a beer sandwiched snugly betwixt a firm, heaving set crouched over a chrome wheel will prolly score a bunch of likes.

·
Registered
9,871 Posts
I would check to see if there's an expiration date on the coupons.
Another thing you could do is bring the wife's Honda to the Caddy dealer for oil changes and scout for an equally beneficial deal at a Honda dealer and bring your Caddy there.

You're less likely to be pressured on an upsell for a make they don't sell or service.

6481 - 6500 of 6869 Posts