Cadillac Owners Forum banner

6081 - 6096 of 6096 Posts

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
9,171 Posts
Anybody had any luck with the virtual DMV? I am trying to get the registered owner of my wife's car changed (from mother in law to wife) and submitted all the paperwork to the virtual DMV site over a week ago and have no heard anything.
Different state, same problem.
My son filled out paperwork to register his new car and heard nothing for over a week. I advised him to call the office to check on the status of his filing and it turned out it was done and had been sitting at the DMV for over a week.
Apparently the DMV was attempting to notify him via text instead of his selected phone call option and the texts were being blocked.

Call your local office, bob.

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
9,171 Posts
Two fingers of Buffalo Trace.
Apparently I've been measuring wrong all these years. The fingers are supposed to be horizontal on the glass?

·
Registered
Black/Black 2013 CTS Sedan 3.0L RWD (98k miles)
1,170 Posts
I called the DMV and was on hold for an hour, got frustrated and asked them to call me back. The recording said the anticipated response time is 50 minutes, but they called me back 5 hours later. I do give them kudos for calling back at 4:45 PM, instead of calling it a day.

There is a chat function that I found, that was a little better, I only waited an hour. The downside is you just have an open chat box and have to be paying attention so when someone replies you respond. I was working and almost missed it they only wait a minute before disconnecting so I barely got in "wait" then had a chat.

So the DMV outsources the online stuff to someone so they emailed a response the next day but it went into the spam folder. I replied to them and they are pretty quick, usually respond within one day. Were able to get everything sorted out and pay online.

Its surprisingly effective and efficient, I'm going to submit my REAL ID application online to speed up the process of getting my new ID.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
1,518 Posts
I got my aftermarket shark-fin installed with the rear-view camera. I found how to get the monitor to show mirror image, and today while scrolling thru the Chinese menu on the monitor found how to change to the English language.
When I find time I will post with pictures on how to install.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 FWB
871 Posts
Dam. Tenacity. Old Farts'es Secretest Weapon. Unfortunately the drill today is 200-300 posts on every imaginable (or unimaginable) app throughout mankind with 'help me i meannow wont work trubel imean it!'

Seriously, looking forward to your build. It's going on my driver with the impending vinyl delete mod.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Why do you need a new shark fin?

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,821 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Usually, when no one else has something it means it's very very hard to attain (5%), or its not cool (95%).

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,821 Posts
ROFLMAO.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
1,518 Posts
Why do you need a new shark fin?
I want a view out the rear of the car. The coupe has limited visibility in the rearview mirror and with the added deep tint on that window that is required in Las Vegas where the sun shines every day, I can't see anything.

The Cadillac OEM shark-fin antenna inside is full of plastic, there is no room to install the camera. That is why I have a new shark-fin, it is hollow with room to put the camera and the antenna for the phone/radio.

If you have never been in a coupe CTS you may not understand how bad it is.

·
Registered
14,821 Posts
I thought Enzo Ferrari said that.

·
Registered
96 FWB
871 Posts
I want a view out the rear of the car. ..........

Yep, your design/method/approach ticks all the boxes for my preferences as well. I'm going for a front and rear solution, but don't favor either a low lic. plate or a front/rear windshield mount displaying an interior view.

But I have no difficulty with side views, so will be pairing your rear setup with some simple front unit.

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury
1,270 Posts
We all know now that Long is listening to Death Metal and Industrial music while zipping those whiskeys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6081 - 6096 of 6096 Posts