Cadillac Owners Forum banner

6061 - 6080 of 6141 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury
1,280 Posts
Ejs, do you ever have a cloudless day there?
This July has been the coldest month for 41 years. We had 3 summer days in July which is defined as a day where all official weather stations clocks more than 25 deg C.

In our latitude there is a jet stream waving up and down across Scandinavia and Northern Europe. When we are south of the stream high pressures goes north and east towards us (and usually low pressures takes a route from the US east coast towards Greenland.

If we are north of the stream we are in the low pressure belt stretching across the Atlantic. But usually you have a sunny day between the low pressures. But not this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 SRX4 & 2010 CTS4 sedan / Non-Cadillacs: 2018 Audi Q5, 2012 Chev Cruze LT
564 Posts
EjS - in contrast to your summer, here in Ottawa Canada we have just completed one of our warmest July's on record (one meteorologist said it was the second warmest on record, only bested by the weather in July 1921). In addition, this July was the first month ever up here in which each day in the month reached at least 26C. So, a scorcher by our standards.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Now that my CTS is the oldest vehicle in the family fleet (technically, the SRX wears this crown but I have begun the process to sell it off), my thoughts gravitate to a replacement. I am looking for a sporty, powerful sedan with AWD and luxury touches. Candidates I can think of are:

Cadillac CT5-V
Tesla 3
Alfa Giulia
Lexus GS-F (this one is sort of "nice legs, shame about the face...")
Audi RS-5 Sportback
Tesla S (would have to be "slightly" used as I want to stay in 5 figures, taxes included)

Very little else floats my boat. Not crazy about anything Infiniti makes, Lexus needs to tone down its grilles, Audi's are decent performers with great interiors but the "worn bar of soap" design language does little for me. Nothing from Acura. Nothing from Lincoln. Nothing MB does much for me either. BMWs leave me cold.

What's happening to me? Am I losing my lust for cars? Have I missed something?

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,833 Posts
The RS Audi is a fantastic car. I bought my wife an A7 last year. Nice car. Been into Audis a long time. Son has B7 S4 Avant. I so want the RS 6 Avant

·
Registered
96 FWB
884 Posts
Under 'Looking For Love In All The Wrong Places - expand your search to just north of Germany:

Or the V60 for a compact 😉 And seriously, they all need to tone down their grilles. If forced into a replacement for my driver in the next few years it'll be an A8, and if I can hold out for longer it'll be a CT-6. So, long story short using your list it looks like the CT-5.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,833 Posts
The V60 is too small for me. I almost got a V90 T6. I should have. It was a nice vehicle.

·
Registered
14,833 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury
1,280 Posts
I would not buy a Volvo. They are vibrating like hell. Only in Sweden you have many many people going through hell trying to sell back their car after changing axles, tires, rims, engine mounts, steering column, transmissions etc.

It is just an unfortunate combination of many things making resonance in the vehicle. 90 series are worst 60 series a bit better.

Some even experienced no problems, then change tires and hell starts. They are simply prone to vibrations design wise.

Worst thing is the dealers and Volvo has never admitted anything and is difficult to work with.

In the Swedish Volvo forum you have over 1.000 posts in one of many threads regarding this (in Swedish).

Vibrationer i ratt 120-135km/h

Newer models should be better but it is extremely difficult to find and evaluate in a short test ride. You need to have the car for weeks before you find out if this something annoying.

What about Dodge Charger with the 392.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
564 Posts
Thanks EjS. I am stone cold on the Volvo anyway. I loved and hated my old 740 wagon and I used to lust the old 850R wagon but, ever since Ford bought it (and especially now that it is in the hands of Geely), they've lost me. They've found other fans though so they clearly have something going for them.

I am just kicking tires at the moment. Nothing really serious.

·
Registered
14,833 Posts
I seriously read a lot about the vibration issue. It can be a difficult problem to correct.

·
Registered
96 FWB
884 Posts
I would not buy a Volvo. They are vibrating like hell. .....

....[all the rest, as well.]
Well, so not your father's Volvo! It appears a perfect storm of design shortfalls combined with quality cheats. Thanks for the heads-up, though any 'new-to-me' car purchase suffers the same 1-3 years of plodding torturous arbitrary and ever-changing triage.

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
9,235 Posts
Saw this in my travels this morning and had to double back and take a pic.
Either a roadside farmstand sign has been altered or someone is just outright bragging about their sex life.

·
Registered
96 FWB
884 Posts
I ain't forgot about ya, Mr. -S. Most noteworthy-able re-post evar. Especially the pics. My son's temporary crown postponed the pork ribeye roast last w/e, but it was worth the wait.

To FTSS: inspired by you I made meat sticks of homemade minced lamb living on the wades out here on Romoe island with rosemary and salt. Squash grilled in oil, salt and chili, tomato salsa with parsley, shallots, onion, garlic and basil.

For drinks a nice Gewürzraminer from Alsace region in France.

Only meat and vegetables. Best meal in at least a year.

Unseasonably cool the past several days, and the pool dropped from 92 to 80. The adults just stuck legs in and drank from the side. So: roll cut with br. sugar, salt, pepper, and apple with just a hint of sage and tarragon:

bacon-wrapped, dry brined overnight, hi-temp seared all sides, then at 300F until 125 inside. The breeze was good to catch the apple and hickory smoke:

Despite a thin roll cut and one full revolution of spiral it still contracted so that the filling wound up all in the center. Note it gave up most of its volume (and moisture and flavor) too. Recipes all say to remove from fridge an hour before cooking, but I say more moist and rare starting chilled inside:

I had gotten some nice Rose' ready, but the wife loves her Syrah. So we all enjoyed :unsure: .....Syrah!

For Long,
The New Belgium 'American Haze' over a cigar was quite nice. Citrus and a snap, like a persimmon and lemonade radler. And FTR that Inbev 'hometown rock radio station commemorative edition' was nondescript, but the son graciously volunteered to dispatch the rest of the 6-pak at home. He's a good boy.

Reactions: NorthernSRX

·
Registered
14,833 Posts
Long, how long did it take you to get that black paint off your hands, lol?

Reactions: Long

·
Registered
96 FWB
884 Posts
Long, before you clean up just change Sweet to Sweat and offer that farmer you'll take just 10% rakeoff the top. With all the other wild stuff out there there's bound to be a crowd into that.

Reactions: Long

·
Registered
9,235 Posts
Long, how long did it take you to get that black paint off your hands, lol?
As long as it took to get 3/4 of a mile down that road!

·
Registered
9,235 Posts
Long, before you clean up just change Sweet to Sweat and offer that farmer you'll take just 10% rakeoff the top. With all the other wild stuff out there there's bound to be a crowd into that.
Sumthin' tells me you can get yur cob buttered there.

·
Registered
Black/Black 2013 CTS Sedan 3.0L RWD (98k miles)
1,186 Posts
Anybody had any luck with the virtual DMV? I am trying to get the registered owner of my wife's car changed (from mother in law to wife) and submitted all the paperwork to the virtual DMV site over a week ago and have no heard anything.

6061 - 6080 of 6141 Posts