Cadillac Owners Forum banner

6021 - 6040 of 6141 Posts

·
Registered
2008 SRX4 & 2010 CTS4 sedan / Non-Cadillacs: 2018 Audi Q5, 2012 Chev Cruze LT
564 Posts
Nice Wolf, Northern. (y)
Bought my wife a Thermador when we remodeled the kitchen.
Apparently, we each know how to spend money. At least we also know what's good for us.

·
Registered
Black/Black 2013 CTS Sedan 3.0L RWD (98k miles)
1,186 Posts
My direct deposit back account can not be changed by phone or online, it must be done in person.
Maybe the letter from SS was a scam, you should look at it closely. Sometimes scammer sent official looking letters and hope people call back the number in the letter (instead of the official phone number you can find on the gov website) and hope to steal the info that way.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
1,536 Posts
Maybe the letter from SS was a scam, you should look at it closely. Sometimes scammer sent official looking letters and hope people call back the number in the letter (instead of the official phone number you can find on the gov website) and hope to steal the info that way.
NO, it was NOT a scam. When I called the SS 800 number the agent told me someone had asked to move my deposit to another bank.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,833 Posts
This is all a little too close to home. Unsettling.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I just called into SS and got another agent, who confirmed my direct deposit is locked at my bank and can not be changed via phone call or on-line MY ACCOUNT. Only in-office visits with proper ID.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Chinese to English translation. My four-camera system came with an instruction manual, but it is in Chinese. Can anyone here read it?
I am trying to get the system to show mirror image on the monitor.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 FWB
884 Posts
So, has anyone there offered the location of the nearest currently open office? Woefully, the roadblocks thrown up that keep you from crucial timely resolution will unfortunately be immediately 'forgotten' once things reach normalcy. And then the risk is the auto-generated form letters will start flying out the door that the hold-ups were the result of your 'delinquent in-actions'.

If you're retired then you know not trying to scare ya, just reminding. ;)

·
Registered
Black/Black 2013 CTS Sedan 3.0L RWD (98k miles)
1,186 Posts
I mean he's confirmed that they cannot change the direct deposit or address unless its in person with a valid ID. So unless the scammer is also the same age, race, and gender as Flash, and also has access to a fake real ID, and lives nearby to an open SS office, there is probably no way they can actually steal any money.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,833 Posts
Eventually you will get all your money, but it sounds as if it will take some time.

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
9,235 Posts
Hey, Monday--
Go away.

·
Registered
14,833 Posts
Too much work. I just uncorked a nice bottle of wine instead. But it's all good.

·
Registered
9,235 Posts

·
Registered
14,833 Posts
Does your squeeze like the juice?!!

·
Registered
9,235 Posts
Does your squeeze like the juice?!!
The ol' lady can drink Vodka like nobody's business, but brown liquor is her Kryptonite.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
The ol' lady can drink Vodka like nobody's business, but brown liquor is her Kryptonite.
Funny how that is, Just the opposite with me.

·
Registered
96 FWB
884 Posts
Funny, there hasn't been vodka in the house since I quit Long Island Iced Teas. Then I find out gin is just that stuff with extra smells thrown in.

·
Registered
14,833 Posts
Tequila does me in. Tequila makes your clothes fall off.

·
Registered
'09 CTS DI FE1 Luxury
1,457 Posts

·
Registered
96 FWB
884 Posts
Meh. Amounts to nothing more really than just a Millennial combining the standard operating procedures of much better lawyered-up older generation corporate and political larcenists, together with an X-er's entrepreneurial spirit. And terrible reporting. Not a single pic of Lambo.

·
Registered
14,833 Posts
Dumbass Millenial. Use the money on hookers and blow. All cash, no records.

6021 - 6040 of 6141 Posts