Cadillac Owners Forum banner

5841 - 5860 of 6105 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS Sport Wagon
1,407 Posts
@Long -- At least he didn't get the FUCKS edition :)

My dad had a few Subarus and used to love them.. until the "banjo bolt incident" and now he will never buy another one. He had a turbo Outback and the engine blew up on him on the PA turnpike. Turns out Subaru sends the oil from the turbo back to the engine through a banjo bolt that has some kind of mesh filter it it. It's not listed as a maintenance item and nobody even know it was there until it started getting clogged and turbos and engines started grenading from oil starvation. His extended warranty covered everything, but he sold it right after that.

·
Registered
96 FWB
875 Posts
"extended warranty covered everything, but he sold it right after that."
[/QUOTE]

Ouch. A touch brutal IMHO. A $3 bolt fubars the whole motor and they still make good on it. A rather impressive combo of dam dummer than dirt but still corporate creds nonetheless. My wife's rather in love with Subarus in a German efficiency - safety features - AWD - holds value sort of way. It'll be a dammed hard row to hoe getting her off of that brand when it comes time to replace the Tribute. She's always staring off starry-eyed at the scenery so whenever I see one I just say, "It's not so ugly" and she's all, "Where where".

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,823 Posts
But, it is ugly. And uncomfortable. And rides like crap.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Sport Wagon
1,407 Posts
" but still corporate creds nonetheless.
I think it was a 3rd party warranty company, and Subaru didnt want to help at all which contributed to him never buying another Subaru again.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 FWB
875 Posts
Ah so, said the recently more informed guy.

But, it is ugly. And uncomfortable. And rides like crap.
Throw in cheap, and you've captured all 4 key performances indicators for my current build. No wonder wife likes riding in mine so much. More than once I've threatened to just turn mine into a wagon with a lift kit and give it to her for a special CUV. This example EXACTLY matches the colors on my old '71 Skylark 2-dor hardtop:

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I kept my last car about 10 years, had close to 200k on the clock. I sold it on Craigslist for less than $5000, whatever I could get. I don't remember. This Caddy has a new transmission at 52,000 miles along with a new engine about 30,000 miles ago. I guess I will keep it for at least 200,000 miles. I will retire it for my lake cabin about 700 miles round trip. I will trash it with dogs, logs, goods and other varied and sundry items. Or maybe I will just trade Mullah88 straight up - his 'Slade for my V.

hahahahahahahaha
I just bought a 99 Deville 50 year gold series limited edition with 53,000 miles on her garage kept and came with a cover. white diamond paint not a scratch on her Arizona car. had to put tires, ignition modual, radiator, thermostat, change trans,fluid,oil,brake fluid and remove the cloth top as it was shreaded. and have put 3,000 miles on it and it looks and runs perfect except I need to finish sanding and painting that stupid fiberglass cap they put on the cloth covered cars. and i didnt pay even close to $5,000 for for this one. guess I did get a screeming deal on it eh what???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sucks. I am a baseball and basketball fan. I guess no sports talk then ... will have to stick with cars and secs
If it dosnt have tires and go at least 150mph I dont want any thing to do with it.and i truly prefer cars that willl do the 1/4 in 5 seconds or less.

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
9,185 Posts
No, we already considered the bad eyesight, but she recently became a RN and is working in a hospital, so it is highly unlikely. Or at least I would pray it isn't so, for the poor patients she is working on. Those medication scripts are tiny.

However, as we have not seen any photographic proof of the exemplary pieces, so it is possible Long is the one with bad eyesight. We already know he can't smell so its not out of the question his other senses have issues too. I think the easiest way to determine this in a scientific method is to have detailed photographic evidence.
Good laughs, guys- y'all made me chuckle this morning.

Neither one of us is getting any younger, but nor are we blind.
Bob, nice attempt at disguising tinman's classic "pics of wife" with fancy words.

·
Registered
96 FWB
875 Posts
Yah, we seen your hands on them beers and clearly nothing anatomical of concern. So a nurse eh. This SO of yours is becoming more alluring by the minute. Be sure to make them pics with her in uniform, in surgery scrubs with the tray of instruments even better.

Mine was 35 years a NICU RN. Now merely a trophy wife, but still has her first candy striper get-up for date nights.

·
Registered
Black/Black 2013 CTS Sedan 3.0L RWD (98k miles)
1,173 Posts
Yeah I think it would be a better picture if she is wearing ONLY the gloves, the nurse cap, and a mask (for privacy purposes). That would allow us to make a much more complete and accurate assessment. Scrubs are ill-fitting and don't allow for a clear assessment.

·
Registered
96 FWB
875 Posts
Damn, another nice try Mr. -bob. . But wherever nurses wear only that much it's obviously involving a whole 'nuther definition of medical procedure. where "close 'im up" gets replaced with, "Happy Ending!" :oops:

·
Registered
Black/Black 2013 CTS Sedan 3.0L RWD (98k miles)
1,173 Posts
Tinman, you sold a 10 year old CTS with over 200k for $5000? That's amazing.

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,359 Posts
... getting one of those video doorbells is next up on the list.
Do your research on the doorbells. Some of the subscription plan ones can bleed you dry over time. Also, ensure they can handle your layout. I have a split entry and the Ring couldn't handle the height the door is above the yard/street. They said I have to upgrade, at twice the cost, that I had already spent. Returned! Eufy works well for my split entry, and no monthly fees.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
1,525 Posts
I have a Reolink Totally Wireless security camera. It works on solar and Wi-Fi put up anywhere near you have the Wi-Fi. Then download it the app to your cell phone or computer and it has memory and send the playback add memory to a cloud. It also has microphone and speakers you can talk to someone over your cell phone. No monthly fees for cloud and the camera with solar cost 85 bucks

·
Registered
9,185 Posts
Do your research on the doorbells. Some of the subscription plan ones can bleed you dry over time. Also, ensure they can handle your layout. I have a split entry and the Ring couldn't handle the height the door is above the yard/street. They said I have to upgrade, at twice the cost, that I had already spent. Returned! Eufy works well for my split entry, and no monthly fees.
Eufy was my choice after much research. I like that fact that I manage it- no fees.
The reviews were very comparable to Ring.

·
Registered
9,185 Posts
Yah, we seen your hands on them beers and clearly nothing anatomical of concern. So a nurse eh. This SO of yours is becoming more alluring by the minute. Be sure to make them pics with her in uniform, in surgery scrubs with the tray of instruments even better.

Mine was 35 years a NICU RN. Now merely a trophy wife, but still has her first candy striper get-up for date nights.
Old broad, new nurse ( just over a year now).

·
Registered
2011 CTS Sport Wagon
1,407 Posts
I have a Ring doorbell and it works pretty good. I got it because I was looking for a cheap alarm system with monitoring at my new house and the Ring alarm is only $10/month which includes 60 days recording on unlimited number of cameras. I have added a few POE Ring cameras too which also work great.

I wouldn't have gone with Ring if I wasn't getting the alarm too because of the subscription fee per camera. But it is a really good deal if you are looking for an alarm system too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,359 Posts
And your wife is still with you, that says something. I'm not sure what, but, hey, what the hell!
His wife still being with him means he's close to kicking the bucket and she's waiting to cash in. We all know she's the better half, so no other reason to stick around. :p :p

5841 - 5860 of 6105 Posts