Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 & 86 D'Elegance:86 Brougham:96, 02, 04, 05 Deville
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple, possibly odd, questions. What is involved in installing a Delco 12 disc changer from a 1996 Deville into a 2005? I pulled the glove box and connected the changer. Power gets to the changer, but the radio is not displaying the source or activating any functions to play CD's. The '05 radio only has the single CD, no tape, but it does have the '1-6' button for a 6 disc changer. Is it possible to get the 12 disc to work?

The 2005 Deville I have does not have Memory Seats. Is it possible the door is already pre-wired? If so and I find a door panel to match for the buttons, do I need a Tech-2 to let the computer know about the memory seat positions? Or am I looking at replacing the computer? Or is there some module that is needed underneath the seat? I searched the forum and saw a couple threads, but nothing I found really explained what I'm looking for.

Any idea why Cadillac went away from the automatic E-brake release when you put the car in gear? I recently purchased an '04 with almost every conceivable option and didn't realize beforehand I have to 'Push to Release' the E-brake. Now Dad bought the '05 (a deal we couldn't refuse) and between the loss of his tape player/ Cd changer and memory seats, his E-Brake is 'Push to Release' as well. Any easy ways to do an aftermarket install for that???

I gotta thank you guys for the thread on how to reset the Tire Pressure Monitor!! That came in very handy with these two new cars!!

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
I don't know what's involved in making that changer work. I do know that the wiring and / or changer itself is specific for 03 - 05.

Not at positive on the memory seats. I'm sure it's more than adding buttons.

My 01 has auto ebrake release and to the best of my knowledge so should the 05. I think push to release is an override in the event of auto system failure.

·
Registered
78 & 86 D'Elegance:86 Brougham:96, 02, 04, 05 Deville
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Memory Seats on '05 Deville

I took a close look at my '04 (mem seats, heated & cooled) and Dad's '05 (no seat options) this weekend. The wires that come up out of the floorboard are identical on both cars! I did notice though that my car had two black boxes attached to the plastic shield beneath my seat and his did not have those. Are they the memory seat module? I'm assuming since the wires come up from the floor they should also be in the door, so I'm thinking if I can find a door panel and those modules for under the seat it would be a simple retro fit to get Dad memory seats. Anyone know if I'm correct or missing anything??

Would definately like to hear any ideas on getting the auto e-brake release...I never realized how often I use it just to keep the car from rolling into the trans lock!

Also hoping to hear some ideas on the radio. Dad misses the CD changer.

Thanks1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts