Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CTS 3.2L Luxury/Sport
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased an '03 cts luxury/sport package 3.2L engine. The car runs beautiful however my ABS and T/C lights constantly come on everytime i attempt to turn my sterring wheel. In some cases it will stay off but for the most part it will eventually come on. The 2nd issue is that when i barely use my brakes and also when it is wet outside the front driver side wheel will make a sqreaching sound almost like the rotters are bad. When my oil was changed they said the brake pads and the rotters were good. Im not sure if maybe the abs and t/c light have something to do with this? When i brake normal and not to easy the sound does not come out at all. Just wondering if anyone can give me a tip on what may be the problem before i take it for a diagnosis.

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
Re: Minor used CTS problems. Does anyone know what the problem amy be?

does your display say"service stability system" sometimes?
this would mean steering position sensor...common problem on them
the abs could be wheel sensors gone bad, i havent changed them before but i have seen the plug by the wheel...doesnt look too hard to change but i could be wrong.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thx a lot for the info man. The service stability system has never came on since i have had the car and I attemted doing the F1 and F6 buttons for a diagnosis but i did not understand the codes or what they meant. Thus far you have given the most useful info and I do appreciate that a lot.

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts

any code that pops up on your DIC with the f1 & f6 thing that has a C by it means the code is current...any one that has a H by it means it is history (basically it came up before and has been cleared)...if there is HC by it then, well you get the point i think

·
Registered
CTS 03
1,765 Posts

I've never tried it but someone said if you hold in the TC button for a certain period of time the TC will turn off. That may help isolate your problem

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

thank you for the responses very helpful. I had posted a week ago or so and got no help! I do want to let u guys know i am very appreciative of this. I will keep u guys posted let u know what the problem is.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,821 Posts

thank you for the responses very helpful. I had posted a week ago or so and got no help! I do want to let u guys know i am very appreciative of this. I will keep u guys posted let u know what the problem is.
Page 4-10 out of the manual says....

If you press the TC button once, the traction control system will turn off and the traction control system warning light will come on. Press the TC button again to turn the system back on. If you press and hold the TC button for five seconds, the StabiliTrak system will turn off. Press the TC button again to turn StabiliTrak back on.

I also saw those two warning lights come on at the same time. ABS and TC light. I guess they work together, so when one is out, the other is out too. Especially if the ABS goes out, then the TC will not be working as well. Basically what the TC system does, is it puts on brake pressure to the wheel that is spinning due to slippery conditions. Which sounds like it needs the ABS to work as well since YOU are not pressing the brake pedal, but the car is. Same goes with the StabiliTrak system, it applies brake pressure where needed. It can be one, two or three wheels. Depending on how you are trying to turn, it applies the brake pressure.

I only saw those two lights one twice, that was it. Although, I've seen the Service StabiliTrak on my DIC more than 5 times. The dealer told me it was the steering wheel position sensor, as described by ghettomike. They cleared it, since I was 5 states away from my home state. But it came back again a few weeks later and had my local dealer replace it under warranty.

KOT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts