Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw it on Fox News... 12 of the 13 miners trapped in West Virginia have been found Alive. Looks like the first big news story of the year ends up also being the first miracle of the new year.

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
Yeah, that's great news! :)

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately it would seem that someone made a huge mistake. It turns out only ONE of them made it out alive, and hes fighting for his life right now. That has to be the worst kind of torture ever.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
People believe what they want to believe. What a terrible tragedy, but I am not surprised that it was so easy for people to miscommunicate the truth when one survivor was found.
What a terrible loss. My heart goes out to their families.

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
it terrible , esp in this day and age that this sort of thing goes on , mineing seems to be a little less dangerous then before but apprently its still pretty damn aweful , the indisutry needs to know exactly what happend , and find ways to keep it from happening again ...no lawsuits , no bullshit , roll up your sleeves and fix it so they didnt die for nothin ....

then there is the whole "there alive!!!" oh wait "sorry bout that there all but one dead" ....the one that screwed the pooch on that will never sleep again ,forever haunted by the mistake made and torment caused ....

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
The one is in critical condition. Imagine one moment they were dancing in the streets. All the Church bells were ringing and everyone was rejoicing that they were alive....then later they had to say a mistake was made and all but one were dead! Geez, that had to really rip on some hearts. I don't think there will be much joy in town for a while.

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac Premium AWD CTS
710 Posts
Very sad for everyone involved. May they rest in peace, I was hoping for the best. Very sad indeed.

David

·
Registered
01 Eldo ETC, 02 Deville SOLD!
1,815 Posts
Coal Mining is among the world's most noxious professions. In the first few years of the 20th century, hundreds of miners per year died in fires and explosions. One such tragedy killed 360+ miners in one example.

While not advocating one resource over another, I'd like to see no-nuke activists take a tour through a coal mine every now and then to see the standard alternative.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Thats right Jim, its true in the area of the UK I live in, many disasters, one such killing 200+ men and boys. That starteda revoloution in the way coal was mined.

I have so much respect for those men that work in the mines.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts