Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
My grandfather was ww2 also , army infantry scout .

almost went to d-day , but his ship was sunk by a u boat en route ,resuced by a begian tug boat as all us ships were orderd not to stop for sinking ships , even if they had US soldiers

also was in the korea confilct , his records were missing (we think they were on the ship that sunk years prior) so he never made the front lines with his buddies that all died the day they got there .

other storys he tells are even more amazing ....most amazing person i have ever known

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Now we're into the Grandparents, eh? Mine was there too, in France. My Grandpa is 87 years old and still chops firewood everyday! Damn tough Ukrainian! Then on the other side of the family, my Grandpa's brother was in Germany in WW1. He faught the Germans and that's how I happened to own the Model 1897 Winchester 16 ga. pump! They let the western Canadian farmboys carry their own firearms into war back then. I never should have sold that piece of family history, but our gun laws were getting tough. My Mom had several Uncles go fight in WW2 also. Some good stories there.

·
Registered
'98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!
4,425 Posts
i was in the United States Army from 1998 to 2000, early discharge due to spinal damage. i was a 96r.(ground survailience operator). btw, exellent thread!:thumbsup:

41 - 44 of 44 Posts