Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Cadillac Deville
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new pair of chrome verde's and on the slip that came with them it stated to wash them with a non abrasive mild soap and water. My question is, are there any types of chrome cleaners at walmart or advance, napa etc that are safe to use on the chrome wheels or am I just basically stuck with the soap and water?

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac STS V8
613 Posts
I use the standard car wash soap. I never use a dish wash detergent on my car. If you regularly wash your car, you really shouldn't have a build-up on the wheels. I have a 2006 STS with chrome wheels and they never seem to get that dirty. I wash my car once a week.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I bought a new pair of chrome verde's and on the slip that came with them it stated to wash them with a non abrasive mild soap and water. My question is, are there any types of chrome cleaners at walmart or advance, napa etc that are safe to use on the chrome wheels or am I just basically stuck with the soap and water?
As said use Car Wash soap on them to clean them, you can use a product like Mother's Chrome Polish if the get real bad, if not real bad use a cleaner wax product, keeping them "waxed" will make them stay clean longer and make cleanup easier, once clean treat them like your paint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts