Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im on the 210 west... making sure the whistler was on highway mode, i gunned it passing a pearl white escalade with shinny chrome dual exhausts sticking out from the rear... to my surprise the bastard hung on my rear door until i hit 100mph, i was already one or two car lanes ahead when i started to back down.... clearly awsome perfomance from another great american engine the 6.0l OHV Vortec engine.
:::
10 east, traffic started to clear up past the 605 and a riced up 1998-2001 accord decides to pass me doing 70+.... little did he know that a teenager was behind the wheel of a 4.6l monster... i blaze it to the right, my car is door to door with this accord now , the blue tinted windows started to roll down and some spiky haired asian guy yells out... "momy and daddys car? ahahaha"!!! he shifts and takes off while i think to myself, is it really worth the gass?? bshhhhhhhh! ******* got owned .... he got at least 4 car lanes ahead before i even mashed the pedal to the floor.... passed him at 110mph+ ..... flew by him... peice of cake!

5 min later the punk catches up still wanting more of "momy and daddys car" by then i'm doing 65-70mph again.. so i say to myself one last time.. second race begins... he inches ahead, back and forth, three times and the forth time we both took off. He gains one car lane while i tryed to put my jaw back into place..I hit 100mph again and i backed off noticing he did too... all i can say is that IS ONE FAST ACCORD!!!!!!!!!! we exit together and i find out hes got a bottle! but i told him " its my car, and i almost had you the second time bro.." he smiles and nods his head.......

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: STS VS '96 Impala SS

THIS JUST IN... happened tonight... i was on the way home from bowling and a middle aged man in a black GS400 w/body kit/exhaust is in front of me, i switch lanes and drove beside him... didnt expect ,me one bit... passed him, i think he got the idea that i wanted to race 2 seconds after, anyway after one stop sign and two stop lights, we finally end up being side by side at a stop light... revd' engine up to 2400rpm, he inces just a bit and the second it turned green it was all over! slowed down about 100 feet b4 the train tracks... the next light the GS driver told me i had a "fast ride and you should be careful"...i thnk he scenced alittle newbie racer vibe...

what i dont get is how i beat this guy??? has 5 more horses than i do.. and more torque???? i was as amazed as the GS400 driver...??

·
Premium Member
9,575 Posts
Re: STS VS '96 Impala SS

Hey Mike.. Just letting you know that I split these messages out from another topic. When you want to post a story, start a new topic instead of replying to someone elses. This way, you have your own spotlight and you don't steal somebody elses. :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
davesdeville said:
Uh what car do you have? I didnt see it in the post.
hey dave, i drive a 1994 Cadillac STS....

Interesting night....
11/1/03

decided to go out and play around....9 pm

Cadillac Escalade:
Second Escalade i raced... but this one was slammed and had Corsa mufflers, sounded great.. he revs the engine alittle and launches off into the wide open city road, i chase him checking out his custom pait job and visable TVs in the car and i pass him a bit, and he guns it! I was like sure why not... no contest..... pulled a good 5 car lanes and backed down... second race he didnt even see it coming... i hit 115mph and all i could see were his two little bright Xenon lights in my rearview....

riced out Mid-90s XV Jeta :
Some hippie looking doode was behind this wheel... he saw me speed up and we end up at a stop light... me having the shitiest tires and the road being wet and all.... i get the worst take off! light turns green and me being such an idiot i mash the pedal... no traction at all, i let off the gas just a bit and slammed it again while hes about 1&half car lanes ahead and so I destroy him...... i slow down after about 5 car lanes ahead of him and he catches up, so i gun it before he got any closer than he was... he didnt even wanna look at me.....i sometimes wonder why i waste time and gas on car i know I COULD BEAT!!!!!

new Black Honda Civic SI

i regret not going all out... me being a newbie i was scared :crying: anyway im at a stop light, where ..whats this.. a Honda civic SI hatch turing right on the road ahead... light hits green and i launch it... tailing him and switching lanes to the left.. he trys to turn left and he sees me speeding up a bit so he cancels his signal and the bastard took off and so did i... at the time i was already going about 60 i hang on him and creep up passing him alittle until 95mph and i get scared... he keeps going and disapears.. he slows down and he turns left and makes a U... i was going to follow him and maybe take em on a light but i didnt have the chance to, i was alreay in the far right lane :crying: :crying: i was pissed

2000-2002 Mitsu Eclipse RS

last race for the night... i follow this guy noticing he was at least doing 60-65 on a 45mph street... i pass him doin 70 and i wait for him to hook up..... catches up, that guy got owned ! im still wondering if he as racing or not :p (sarcasm) ... i ended the night trying to tease a Corvette... but the driver turned a different direction.. so i said **** it.

·
Registered
377 Posts
how do you get so many races?? i pulled up next to a mid 20's guy in a 95-97 monte z34, and he wouldn't go, it was like 1am and we were the only cars! id think my loud exhaust/tint/chrome 18's would attract some races, but no. whats your secret??

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dubya said:
how do you get so many races?? i pulled up next to a mid 20's guy in a 95-97 monte z34, and he wouldn't go, it was like 1am and we were the only cars! id think my loud exhaust/tint/chrome 18's would attract some races, but no. whats your secret??

no secret.... my car is bone stock, i dont even have rims... jus a detector and some bright Silverstars..and some tips but thats all..... i also live in the LA county....

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not a good night for the driver of the black 03 model accord ricer

WOW.... im coming home from a pool hall with a couple of my buddies in my car. A clean looking 03’ riced out Accord with dark ass tint and smoked out rims is playing with some CRX I believe it was... anyway the CRX turns left at the stop light... guess what, i thought it was time to show my buddies what my Cadillac can do. Well when I compete I get little crazy, i speed up passing the car in front to get to the accord which was now on my left side.. I tease a bit and rev and he gets the picture after a few seconds, and he pulls half a car on me, and seconds later i just start walking, all over this beotch! :bouncy: no kidding, i hit 90 and back down...here comes the stop light, he revs up and grabs a few inches from the line and i start to rev my beast up to at least 3000 rpms power braking... i peel out and instantly grab half a car and i slowly inch away until i hit 70+ mph when I start to gain major distance (at least 3 cars ahead)... it was sick I tell you... road turned busy and i back down a soon as i could. The accord pulls up two lanes to the left of us and I see EX badge on the rear, i made it obvious to my friends what type of accord that was and they gave me mad props... “Damn doode 4000 lb luxury car can smoke a 03 accord ex” I was like “hell yeah it can, its a cadillac !”

PS my other buddy has an early 90's Supra... Not sure if its the TT, but he wants to race me.. I told him anytime.... he’s got intake and exhausts and is apparently in the “shop” ahaha I will defiantly try to video tape this one if I can…

·
Registered
71 Posts
Re: not a good night for the driver of the black 03 model accord ricer

Mikethegreeat said:
WOW.... im coming home from a pool hall with a couple of my buddies in my car. A clean looking 03’ riced out Accord with dark ass tint and smoked out rims is playing with some CRX I believe it was... anyway the CRX turns left at the stop light... guess what, i thought it was time to show my buddies what my Cadillac can do. Well when I compete I get little crazy, i speed up passing the car in front to get to the accord which was now on my left side.. I tease a bit and rev and he gets the picture after a few seconds, and he pulls half a car on me, and seconds later i just start walking, all over this beotch! :bouncy: no kidding, i hit 90 and back down...here comes the stop light, he revs up and grabs a few inches from the line and i start to rev my beast up to at least 3000 rpms power braking... i peel out and instantly grab half a car and i slowly inch away until i hit 70+ mph when I start to gain major distance (at least 3 cars ahead)... it was sick I tell you... road turned busy and i back down a soon as i could. The accord pulls up two lanes to the left of us and I see EX badge on the rear, i made it obvious to my friends what type of accord that was and they gave me mad props... “Damn doode 4000 lb luxury car can smoke a 03 accord ex” I was like “hell yeah it can, its a cadillac !”

PS my other buddy has an early 90's Supra... Not sure if its the TT, but he wants to race me.. I told him anytime.... he’s got intake and exhausts and is apparently in the “shop” ahaha I will defiantly try to video tape this one if I can…
If it said EX on the back it was the 4 cyl model. (160 hp) The V6s dont have the LX/EX badge, they just have a V6 badge and dual exhaust. An 03+ V6 would give you a good run. Nice kills anyway.

-Eli

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

STSEli said:
If it said EX on the back it was the 4 cyl model. (160 hp) The V6s dont have the LX/EX badge, they just have a V6 badge and dual exhaust. An 03+ V6 would give you a good run. Nice kills anyway.

-Eli

CANT BE!!!!!!! i could have sworn it was a V6!! :crying2: :crying2:

**** :banghead:

·
Registered
71 Posts

Mikethegreeat said:
actually it was
If it said EX on it, it wans't a V6. If it said V6 on it, it was a V6. Simple. The 4cyl models are no slouches either. They can run high 15s stock which sounds about right for your race. I have to think that a V6 would have hung with you a lot better or edged you out since they run high 14s from the factory. (240 HP, 5 speed auto, lighter car)

-Eli

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ahaha it is a 4cyl, i talked to the guy! he works at puente hills mall... hes got the usual ricer acess....cold air intake... exhausts...he just got new cats and headers 2 das before i raced him....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mikethegreeat said:
ahaha it is a 4cyl, i talked to the guy! he works at puente hills mall... hes got the usual ricer acess....cold air intake... exhausts...he just got new cats and headers 2 das before i raced him....
Like I said, dont just blow him off. One of these days he may get you back. Those are very respectable cars and great engines. I bet his is a manual also.

-Eli

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
STSEli said:
Like I said, dont just blow him off. One of these days he may get you back. Those are very respectable cars and great engines. I bet his is a manual also.

-Eli

in what post did i "blow him off" i have respect for all cars buddy and thats the truth...dont put words in my mouth

1 - 15 of 15 Posts