Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
Haha. Look at the ass end flop around on the Toyota!

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts
I wouldn't count on him for an honest review. He is a paid spokesperson for Ford trucks.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Those new Ford Trucks are gorgeous. I just wish they were as quick as the Tundra, Titan or 6.2L Silverado/Sierra.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
I wouldn't count on him for an honest review. He is a paid spokesperson for Ford trucks.
This was not an actual "dirty jobs" episode, this was Ford produced....so its definitely biased....which doesnt mean its not true

·
Registered
2016 Honda Accord LX. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS
3,718 Posts
I still prefer Silverado/Sierra. I don't like the new F-150's so much, and the Tundra's look like squished bugs. Ram is ok, not something I would buy.

Plus, I would get an employee discount on top of the already good price of a Sierra. Give me one in Fire Red.

·
Registered
06 Escalade
282 Posts
That's Ford's last ditch effort to save it's a$$. They invested everything they have in the F150 when people are starting to look AWAY from the big trucks and into smaller fuel efficient cars.

Nice truck, but I feel this video was very biased. Doge made one a while back and they claimed they were the best, GMC / CHEV can make one and from that perspective be the best. Basically, this video means nothing.

·
Super Moderator
2002 Seville STS F55, 2006 Mazda Miata
22,406 Posts
Jalopnik did a comparison. They liked the Titan and Sierra emotionally, but for routine tasks, the F150 was better overall, so it just barely won.

http://njection.com/blogs/jalopnik/archive/2008/11/14/jalopnik-s-2009-pickup-truck-comparison-head-to-head-jubilee-event-challenge-spectacular-jalopnik-reviews.aspx

We're going to come right out and say reviewing trucks is, in a way, a bit silly. Trucks, and specifically the half-ton truck segment, are frequented by some of the most loyal product buyers in the world. Magazines and websites opining passionately on the newest offerings don't really matter for these buyers. Reviews speak primarily in this segment to first-time truck buyers, and these days those are few and far between.

But, that being said, we must crown a winner. If we go by the numbers, it's the 2009 Ford F-150 that emerges as the winner when balancing capabilities against performance, finishing at or near the top in every category. But the absolutes of the statistics leaves out the subjective feel of these trucks and ignores that people buy them for different reasons.

But, saying the Ford is the best of the bunch is simply unfair. Is it the most well-rounded? Yes. But what about the most fun to drive? Certainly not. Is it the best styled? That's up to you. Does it have the best interior? Nope. So why is it the best? It just does everything well. The F-150 is, for lack of a better term, the working man's truck. The new F-series offers the greatest capabilities and the best long-term value resting on top of a long history of accolades. It really is a great pickup, but that's not to say it's everybody's cup of tea.

Then there's the Nissan Titan, which objectively scores in last place among the competition. If we were to build a truck for the person who occasionally needed the capabilities of a truck, wanted something incredibly entertaining on the street, offered reasonable fuel economy and a no-nonsense interior. We'd be hard pressed to build something more fitting than the Titan. Think Nissan Altima in truck form.

That's not to say that nobody wants a monstrously big pickup able to out-tow almost everything, rides like an old Cadillac and has an interior you can live with if you don't look too closely at the details. That would be a slot perfect for the Tundra. A truck so good at doing its job you actually overlook it as trying too hard and delivering where it almost doesn't count anymore.

And what of the Silverado and GMC Sierra? They run down the same assembly line, but have vastly different characters. The Silverado finishes a close second to the the F-150 by the numbers and, depending on what you're looking for, could be a better truck. The GMC feels better but somehow doesn't reflect so in the scoring. In fact, when pressed to make an overall choice, we'd be in a pickle to choose the Titan or the Sierra, the two "losers" in the field. Goes to show how much personal preference plays into the decision.

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's Ford's last ditch effort to save it's a$$. They invested everything they have in the F150 when people are starting to look AWAY from the big trucks and into smaller fuel efficient cars.
Huh? Out of the domestic three Ford is in the best shape by a long shot so this little video is nothing more then to set the record straight as to what is the best truck. The F-150 has been the best selling truck for how many years now? Exactly
Nice truck, but I feel this video was very biased. Doge made one a while back and they claimed they were the best, GMC / CHEV can make one and from that perspective be the best. Basically, this video means nothing.
Usually when they do these truck commercials whatever brand is showing off their products unique features and where the product beats the others but it's usually some with some words that pop up on the screen that tell you this while Ford would rather just show you what the deal is with all of it's competitors. Toyota does those dumb commercials showing the Tundra stopping before it falls off of a cliff and other stupid crap that really doesn't mean much to true truck guys. As for GMC/Chevrolet they can't even do a Silverado commercial without dissing their own brand in GMC. Ever see that commercial with Howie Long making fun of the Ram owner for having a steering wheel warmer (basically trying to show that it's a girly feature) yet the Sierra offers that as an option. They make fun of the F-150's ladder for the bed yet that's one of the most requested options for the F-150 and Ford is loving that Chevrolet is giving them free publicity about that option.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts