Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I reported negatively a few weeks ago on wheel hop on my new '06 V with RSAs.

1000 miles on it and beautiful weather today so I felt comfortable lighting it up a little. Found a quiet road and with traction and stability control completely off, lit up the rear end in first with very little wheel hop. Lit them up again and then shifted into second and kept them spinning ... still very little wheel hop. Then tried it in second gear form a start, lit them up real nice and still next to no wheel hop. Final experiment of punching it in first while rolling 10 mph hour and DID have some wheel hop.

So, my position now on mine is that wheel hop is not a problem with SC/TC completely off. When on, it does hop like crazy.

On a more important note, this car continues to amaze me .. while we all complain a little about this and that, it is a fabulous car in the final analysis - especially when doing what it was designed to do.

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
So has it been determined that the 06 does or does not have the bushings installed from the factory?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have yet to have mine looked at and my dealer didn't know about mine. Another user has posted that they heard from their dealer that they've looked at 2 '06s and neither had the bushings. Not sure if GM has made another adjustment that rendered the bushings unnecessary or if the RSAs are what has made the difference in mine.

·
Registered
705 Posts
After trying different tires, I believe it is the RSA, it's not even close to "sticky-ness" of the F1 Run Craps. Just wondering, was the F1 Run Craps an option $$$ for 06?

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
I think the RSA is V rated.

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
There are little quirks, that is a car. I do feel good though everytime I drive, I also really appreciate that its an american car. Can't really explain that last one. I do agree that the car excells in what it was meant to do. Drive fast and corner really well. It definately doesn't like to go slow, or encounter snow.

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
590 Posts
To clear up some apparent confusion:
The RSAs are now the OEM tires on the V
The OEM RSAs are EMTs, all season tires, and have a 96V load/speed rating
The F1 EMTs are still available as a $550 option

I have gone through 2 sets of F1 EMTs and decided to install the RSA EMTs since I wanted an all season EMT. Although I haven't driven in the snow yet I have not been dissappointed on dry pavement. Traction and tire response is reasonable and the ride is actually pretty compliant. I only have ~300 miles on them so far so we'll see how they wear. Until a better all season EMT comes along in the V's size (Pirelli P Zero Nero EMT) I think I can live just fine with these tires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts