Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Escalade ESV
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my oldest son turned 16 we were letting him drive our 2007 Escalade ESV and our youngest son (who was 14 at the time) was in one of the second row seats. The boys got into a power window war with the driver trying to raise (or lower) the second row window and my younger son trying to lower (or raise) it. Well, after they did this for a few minutes the second row windows stopped working for the people in the second row. They still work fine for the driver to lower and raise but not for anyone trying to operate them from the second row door controls. Any idea what burned out here? Is there a fuse I should check or are the switches likely burned out?

Thanks in advance for your info and guidance!
Mike

·
Registered
103 Posts
Check your passenger window lockout switch on the driver's door.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I was thinking the same thing I have mine on so my son doesn’t open his while we are driving if not most likely the switch went out on that door

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 Escalade ESV
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies! That would have been pretty funny if it was the lockout button, but it doesn’t appear that it is. At first I thought, “The front passenger window still goes up and down with the passenger door switch so the lock out can’t be on.” To be sure I tested it.

Lockout light was not on. I pressed it and the light came on. I tested the front passenger window using the passenger door switch and to my surprise, it worked. Shouldn’t the lockout button lock out all the windows including the front passenger? Funny that it did not. I tested the back windows and they did not work from the back door switches but did work from the driver door switches as expected. I pressed the lockout button so the light was off and again tested all windows. Front passenger works just fine. Neither of the back windows would work from the back doors but both worked just fine from the driver’s door.

Any ideas on what‘s broken here? Both second row windows won’t work from their respective door switches but both work just fine from the drivers door switches regardless of whether the lockout switch is toggled or not.

Thanks again for your help and advice!

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts