Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'06 STS V8 RWD - Black Raven/Cashmere - no ACC
Joined
·
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Is America's STS the only one with red backlight?...


These pics are from one of the middle east Cadillac dealers



(sorry.. pics are not clear)





 

·
Banned
Joined
·
851 Posts
ascariSTS said:
Hey,

Is America's STS the only one with red backlight?...


These pics are from one of the middle east Cadillac dealers



(sorry.. pics are not clear)





Hi ascariSTS,
the Middle East, European and Japanese STS have the chromed taillights.
Additional to this the European STS models have two rear red fog lights in the rear bumper. I´ve posted some pics, take a look!
Harry
 

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
Joined
·
2,043 Posts
the chromes lights looks nice, how come we dont get em?? is it because thier turn signals have to be yellow?? and not a blinking brake light how we have it in the US?
 

·
Registered
'06 STS V8 RWD - Black Raven/Cashmere - no ACC
Joined
·
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Harry,

So, are these chromed taillights not allowed in the US ?....

The middle east's STS models have two rear fog lights in the rear bumber too... you can see that in the first picture :)




Caddy Man,,,

with these chromed taillights, turn signals are yellow,,, I don't think it's the reason not having it in the US... Maybe they want the whole thing not to be chrome... dunno

anyways they are just taillights... you can order them and replace :p...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
851 Posts
ascariSTS said:
Hi Harry,

So, are these chromed taillights not allowed in the US ?....

The middle east's STS models have two rear fog lights in the rear bumber too... you can see that in the first picture :)




Caddy Man,,,

with these chromed taillights, turn signals are yellow,,, I don't think it's the reason not having it in the US... Maybe they want the whole thing not to be chrome... dunno

anyways they are just taillights... you can order them and replace :p...
Hi ascariSTS,
yes, you are right, the middle east STS also have the rear fog light.
Well, allowed or not, I got the Corsa-exhaust on my XLR and it`s not allowed but who knows!!!!
Yesterday I saw the V8 STS in silver-smoke, looks real good!!!
Harry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
The European style looks good, but we all have to put this in perspective with the following question - how much of our excitement is simply to be different and how much is true style. Here's my "American" STS and I'm pretty proud of this puppy ... besides, I love to drive it. Signed, Love my STS
 

Attachments

·
Banned
Joined
·
851 Posts
Richbro said:
The European style looks good, but we all have to put this in perspective with the following question - how much of our excitement is simply to be different and how much is true style. Here's my "American" STS and I'm pretty proud of this puppy ... besides, I love to drive it. Signed, Love my STS
Hi Richbro,
blue chip and I think you have cashmere interior is a very nice color combination. Do you have some more pics of it?
Very nice car!!!!
Harry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Actually I got the light gray ... here's an attempt to show the blue chip w/gray - looks great together.

Going to have to brush up on attaching pics - can't seem to get right size file - more when I learn
 

Attachments

·
Registered
NONE
Joined
·
280 Posts
Caddy Man said:
the chromes lights looks nice, how come we dont get em?? is it because thier turn signals have to be yellow?? and not a blinking brake light how we have it in the US?
This is not the reason. The European CTS has red taillights.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top