Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 CTS lux/sprt package. I notice there is a microphone near the dome light.. Also there is a talk button on my steering wheel when I hit the button it says something like say a command.. I am not sure how to program this or what this is.. can someone please help me.. also I do see an infrared or bluetooth sensor .. how do I configure my phone with this? I am so confused!

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,766 Posts
What you are looking at is most likely a temperature sensor. There is a little fan in there...at least that what there is on my Lade, and was on my SRX. Looks just like a microphone. I used to talk into it until I found out what it was. :yup:

·
Registered
'04 CTS
129 Posts
Afaik that is the mic on my 04 CTS. Try commands like "radio", "radio tune 95.7", "navigation", and most importantly if you have nav and want to shut off the radio but leave the nav up, "mute", and "unmute". I have a PDF with a section that lists all the commands. Oh wait, just ask "what can I say?" And it will list every command and sub command.

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
What button do you push to access voice commands?

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So it is a mic? Or is it not? haha. The command button is on the steering wheel.. I am going to try it.. also what is that red sensor next to my navi? is that for bluetooth?

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
the command button on your steering wheel is for the onStar voice commands...

·
Registered
'04 CTS
129 Posts
It is a mic up there.

The red sensor to the upper right of the nav screen is an infrared receiver. It uses the Palm object transfer protocol. So if you want directions to an address that you have in your PDA but not in your nav address book, you can choose "beam" as an option for entering a destination address. Once you beam an address in, the nav will then search for the closest hit it has in the database and ask if that's where you want to go. I got rid of my 7290 Blackberry and my Bold doesn't have IR, so I'm unable to try it out.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am gonna have to read the manual i guess then.. Cause I am very confused on what I can do with my car haha and Ive had it for like 2 years..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts